The Student Room Group

Part time Tutor

I am considering tutoring online in my own free time but I am not sure sure if I need a teaching qualification to do this.

I have the professional qualifications (AAT) of what I intend to teach.

Even if it isn't a necessary requirement, I am quite keen to do some form of teacher training at a reasonable cost.

Does anybody have any suggestions?
I'm not a tutor so idk if i'll be all that helpful but my tutor and my sister both don't have "tutor qualifications" as far as I know but they know enough about the subjects they teach(maths/physics) to efficiently teach it. A lot of university students that I know also do tutoring so I doubt you need anything
Reply 2
Original post by useless-dismay
I'm not a tutor so idk if i'll be all that helpful but my tutor and my sister both don't have "tutor qualifications" as far as I know but they know enough about the subjects they teach(maths/physics) to efficiently teach it. A lot of university students that I know also do tutoring so I doubt you need anything

I thought that would be the case but always up for doing some CPD!
Reply 3
Deleted - duplicate post
(edited 12 months ago)
Reply 4
Try Spires (www.spires.co/k9pb) and see if they will take you on. I freelanced full time as a private tutor for 9 months in 2021 and most of my work came through them. They were the best agency to work for by far.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending