The Student Room Group

How do I read my GCSE results sheet??

I know that 'Grd1' means the overall grades and I know these but you know how the subjects are separated below and there is the individual grade for say each unit and coursework and stuff, theres one called 'English/English Lang.3B' and in the Grd1 column it says '4'?? What does this mean?

Also how do I work out my UMS score and equivalents if ygm? :s-smilie: Is it just the 'Points' column added up?
Could you post a pic of your results slip? I'll probably then be able to work out how it's laid out (or someone else may post in 20 seconds who has exactly the same format of result sheet as you).
if you read the back, it says " If your BTEC grade reads 4 this means you have been accredited units only and didn't enough for a full reward " which means you must of copied from textbook or internet and changed a few words even if teacher said to do you shouldn't do
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by ckfeister
if you read the back, it says " If your BTEC grade reads 4 this means you have been accredited units only and didn't enough for a full reward " which means you must of copied from textbook or internet and changed a few words even if teacher said to do you shouldn't do

No I didn't do any BTEC :s-smilie:
Reply 4
Original post by danconway
Could you post a pic of your results slip? I'll probably then be able to work out how it's laid out (or someone else may post in 20 seconds who has exactly the same format of result sheet as you).

Erm I can't sorry :frown: But it's the same as any other GCSE sheet its just standard tbh :redface:
Original post by Summer Rose
No I didn't do any BTEC :s-smilie:

Well, 4 in general means not enough units to get the reward, read back of grade sheet.
Reply 6
Original post by ckfeister
Well, 4 in general means not enough units to get the reward, read back of grade sheet.

Its one-sided :s-smilie:
Reply 7
Its for your speaking and listening grade as its now separate from your GCSE in English. I got number 5 but I don't know if that's good or bad.
Reply 8
Original post by pastagirl
Its for your speaking and listening grade as its now separate from your GCSE in English. I got number 5 but I don't know if that's good or bad.

Number 5 is the top grade for S&L.
Reply 9
Original post by Martie08

okay thank you:smile:

does it count towards your UMS and final grade? My total UMS is just the unit 3 and unit 1 UMS added together.
Original post by RG110man
does it count towards your UMS and final grade? My total UMS is just the unit 3 and unit 1 UMS added together.

Nope, the S&L is just an endorsement now with 0% weighting, so it essentially doesn't mean anything.
Original post by pastagirl

Ohhh thank you, I got 4 :colondollar:

Okay thank you for posting :smile: I understand now :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest