The Student Room Group

Is Music GCSE feasible for me?

I’m in Year 10. I love music, and would love to do it for GCSE, but I only got into actually playing recently. Could I learn the skills I need to get an 7 - 9 over the 2 years?
More info:
I can vaguely sing, and I’m learning bass, however I’m still working on reading sheet music and my piano skills aren’t truly amazing. If I worked hard throughout the year would I have a chance?
Original post by AliceClarke08
I’m in Year 10. I love music, and would love to do it for GCSE, but I only got into actually playing recently. Could I learn the skills I need to get an 7 - 9 over the 2 years?
More info:
I can vaguely sing, and I’m learning bass, however I’m still working on reading sheet music and my piano skills aren’t truly amazing. If I worked hard throughout the year would I have a chance?

If you worked really hard, it definitely is possible. I would really practise singing and bass because you'll need to do two performances (one solo, one group). Reading sheet music will be quite important for a composition and the listening exam. I know people who couldn't read sheet music and still did really well at GCSE because they put the work into learning to read it. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by flowersinmyhair
If you worked really hard, it definitely is possible. I would really practise singing and bass because you'll need to do two performances (one solo, one group). Reading sheet music will be quite important for a composition and the listening exam. I know people who couldn't read sheet music and still did really well at GCSE because they put the work into learning to read it. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask :smile:

Ok! Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest