The Student Room Group

grade 9

hey guys ,

im about to start year 11 . any advice on how to secure a 9 ?
i'm doing triple science and higher maths
Reply 1
Original post by Rosyrose123
hey guys ,

I just finished my GCSEs this year :smile:

I used websites like ExamQ for Maths which holds every single practice question from previous GCSEs which you can filter based on their difficulty levels. Websites you've probably heard of like MathsGenie, CorbettMaths really help too.
Mainly for Sciences, it was all memorisation. Use flashcards that are detailed but not too long. Practice papers because they are stupidly specific sometimes. Make sure your basics are really strong - the key concepts should be secure. I used Cognito (only for some because I wasn't much of a video learner but if you are that's something to look into).

Yeah so just keep going over practice questions, keep looking at mark schemes and just try to constantly revisit. Try your best and good luck :smile:
I hope I helped
Reply 2
Original post by m.shab
I just finished my GCSEs this year :smile:

I used websites like ExamQ for Maths which holds every single practice question from previous GCSEs which you can filter based on their difficulty levels. Websites you've probably heard of like MathsGenie, CorbettMaths really help too.
Mainly for Sciences, it was all memorisation. Use flashcards that are detailed but not too long. Practice papers because they are stupidly specific sometimes. Make sure your basics are really strong - the key concepts should be secure. I used Cognito (only for some because I wasn't much of a video learner but if you are that's something to look into).

Yeah so just keep going over practice questions, keep looking at mark schemes and just try to constantly revisit. Try your best and good luck :smile:
I hope I helped

Thank you !!! How did it go ? I hope that you're satisfied with ur results . Quick q did u do triple science ?
Reply 3
Thank you !!! How did it go ? I hope that you're satisfied with ur results . Quick q did u do triple science ?

Ofc anytime
I was really overjoyed with my results and glad I got into the chosen sixth form I wanted to :smile:
Yes I did triple science :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by m.shab
Ofc anytime
I was really overjoyed with my results and glad I got into the chosen sixth form I wanted to :smile:
Yes I did triple science :smile:

Congratulations :smile: best of luck with ur a levels !
did u find triple science hard ?
Reply 5
Congratulations :smile: best of luck with ur a levels !
did u find triple science hard ?

Thanks so much!! :smile:
I absolutely love sciences (help) so I was more interested in learning about it. I would say it honestly isn't as hard as it's made out to be as long as you just constantly keep revisiting the content and trying your best.
Everybody has their strengths and weaknesses at the end of the day (my weakness was definitely Maths but I pulled through) so yeah. Do you enjoy science?
Reply 6
Original post by m.shab
Thanks so much!! :smile:
I absolutely love sciences (help) so I was more interested in learning about it. I would say it honestly isn't as hard as it's made out to be as long as you just constantly keep revisiting the content and trying your best.
Everybody has their strengths and weaknesses at the end of the day (my weakness was definitely Maths but I pulled through) so yeah. Do you enjoy science?

yeah i do enjoy science , but ofc not all aspects of it . I think that goes out for everyone . I'm worried about physics , especially since we won't be getting the equations sheet
hey guys ,

DO NOT START EARLY
Start properly revising end of March early April if you start too early you will forget everything. Also maths is just so hard like I got 6 9s and only got a 6 in maths you can try to hard but at the end of the day it’s entirely the questions on the paper you get so don’t get too obsessed over a 9.
Reply 8
yeah i do enjoy science , but ofc not all aspects of it . I think that goes out for everyone . I'm worried about physics , especially since we won't be getting the equations sheet

Ah yes. Of course, there's pros and cons to every subject :frown: but I'm sure you'll be amazing!
I think before we found out about the equation sheet I our GCSEs I used to always sum the equations down into symbols instead of words - you probably already do this - it's a lot more easier than memorising huge chunks of words
Just keep reviewing them and put them anywhere you can see - make it a game with your friends and frequently test them unexpectedly.
You've got this :smile: lmk if you have any more questions
Reply 9
Original post by m.shab
Ah yes. Of course, there's pros and cons to every subject :frown: but I'm sure you'll be amazing!
I think before we found out about the equation sheet I our GCSEs I used to always sum the equations down into symbols instead of words - you probably already do this - it's a lot more easier than memorising huge chunks of words
Just keep reviewing them and put them anywhere you can see - make it a game with your friends and frequently test them unexpectedly.
You've got this :smile: lmk if you have any more questions

That's a great idea !!! Thank u :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest