The Student Room Group

To ugg or not to ugg?

I'm going to be spending a lot of time waiting at freezing cold bus stops and taking long walks to uni during autumn and winter. I'm thinking of getting some uggs to keep me warm but I'm not 100% sure and it's a lot of money to spend if I don't end up wearing them. So, are they really worth the money?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EllOhEllAy
I'm going to be spending a lot of time waiting at freezing cold bus stops and taking long walks to uni during autumn and winter. I'm thinking of getting some uggs to keep me warm but I'm not 100% sure and it's a lot of money to spend if I don't end up wearing them. So, are they really worth the money?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm a guy who doesn't wear uggs, so not sure how helpful my answer would be, but what about going for knee high boots? They'd probably be cheaper, look much better and will serve their purpose reasonably well.
Oh God, I thought people had finally stopped buying those.
Reply 3
I know they're really not trendy anymore and people seem to really hate them now, but I go back to mine every winter without fail. You just can't beat them when it comes to keeping your feet warm. I live in mine in the winter as if I try to wear any other boot-like shoe I just end up with freezing feet.
If you are going to get them though, make sure you buy the care kit as well. The waterproof spray is really useful (doesn't stop the rain staining but really helps) and the cleaner is amazing if they do get stained. This will be the 4th winter I've had mine and they are still going strong.

Alternatively, you could have a look on the ugg website as they have some boots in more typical non-ugg styles but with the soft, warm woollen interior. http://www.uggaustralia.co.uk/women-boots/
uggs rock
When I had a pair they just frustrated me since they take forever to dry out once wet and the rain stains them. There are more practical boots you could invest in e.g. Timberlands.
i love my uggs , you need them.
Remember to buy the real UGGs and not the fake ones or replicas as they could damage your ankles.
Reply 8
I hate UGGs.
Original post by mollyxrose
When I had a pair they just frustrated me since they take forever to dry out once wet and the rain stains them. There are more practical boots you could invest in e.g. Timberlands.

This! I've got Timberlands and they are awesome as they look nice, they don't get wet inside and they keep your feet warm, plus the outside dries really quick and doesn't change the colour of them :yep: Timberlands can be expensive but mine came from TK Maxx where there was quite a lot of money off, so just got to look around for the bargains :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by RobertWhite
I hate UGGs.

Don't wear them then.
Thank you to everyone that's actually been helpful :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't wear them then.
Thank you to everyone that's actually been helpful :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

My reply was not a dig at you just a straightforward answer on whether they are 'worth it or not'. If you want I shall expand. I do not believe they are worth it because 1. I think they are ugly and 2. they are overpriced. It's simply my opinion.
English winters=rain
Uggs are non waterproof
Non waterproof+rain=Wet feet
Wet feet=cold feet
No, get a good sturdy pair of leather/other waterproof boots and wear thick socks. :smile:
No buy some boots. They look better and keep you warmer. Plus if you walk into a puddle or snow in uggs they get soggy, no?
Original post by Sazzy890
This! I've got Timberlands and they are awesome as they look nice, they don't get wet inside and they keep your feet warm, plus the outside dries really quick and doesn't change the colour of them :yep: Timberlands can be expensive but mine came from TK Maxx where there was quite a lot of money off, so just got to look around for the bargains :smile:

I got mine off eBay for £20! (RRP £145) and they were only worn a few times. I wore them to a festival and they were so much better than wellies, my feet were dry all weekend. I know I'll get so much wear out of them this winter, definitely worth the price. I would've paid £145 for them!
I had a pair when I was in college... so around 7 years ago, and it was hassle because I couldn't wear them on wet days. I'd rather buy a pair of boots that look good and are able to cope with the English weather. If you buy UGGs, you have to get a second pair for a rainy day too.
I love UGG's I have 2 pairs and would be lost without them haha. You can get protective spray for them too, not sure how well it works since I've used it once and not bothered since.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd just say don't buy them because of how awful they look.
So pissed off with my uggs. I lost the metal bit that says UGG on the back somewhere in London and now one shoe has the label and the other doesn't. FML x100. I can't wear them any more and they were £240 :cry2:.

Quick Reply

Latest