The Student Room Group

Hair at college

So I’m in college atm and when I first joined college they made me dye my hair a natural colour. I’m leaving college in 2 ish months and I wanna dye my hair like I used to have it before I went to college (half blonde and half black/brown) because it made me feel happy and confident. My 18th birthday is coming up and I’m planning on using the money I get to get it dyed. Will college be able to kick me out because of my hair if I was to get it done. I’m on an internship too and work said that they don’t mind what I do because it isn’t customer facing. I would just do it because work said yes but college started an argument over my shoes (I know pathetic) because I wore uggs instead of “professional” shoes. Also I am standing all day so I wore my uggs for comfort, I still wear them because I don’t want to hurt my feet or my back from leaning over to relieve pain. They still comment on my shoes and I say I have my other shoes in my bag. So back to the main question, will I get kicked out if I dyed my hair?
Original post by L3monSquares
So I’m in college atm and when I first joined college they made me dye my hair a natural colour. I’m leaving college in 2 ish months and I wanna dye my hair like I used to have it before I went to college (half blonde and half black/brown) because it made me feel happy and confident. My 18th birthday is coming up and I’m planning on using the money I get to get it dyed. Will college be able to kick me out because of my hair if I was to get it done. I’m on an internship too and work said that they don’t mind what I do because it isn’t customer facing. I would just do it because work said yes but college started an argument over my shoes (I know pathetic) because I wore uggs instead of “professional” shoes. Also I am standing all day so I wore my uggs for comfort, I still wear them because I don’t want to hurt my feet or my back from leaning over to relieve pain. They still comment on my shoes and I say I have my other shoes in my bag. So back to the main question, will I get kicked out if I dyed my hair?

It entirely depends on how much they want to stick to their own rules, given that you've only got a couple of months left there. Theoretically, they could ask you to leave (if you refuse to dye your hair back), but that would seem unlikely. You know them better then we do.

How awful would it be to wait a couple of months before dying your hair the colours you want it, to avoid any hassle from your college?
Original post by DataVenia
It entirely depends on how much they want to stick to their own rules, given that you've only got a couple of months left there. Theoretically, they could ask you to leave (if you refuse to dye your hair back), but that would seem unlikely. You know them better then we do.
How awful would it be to wait a couple of months before dying your hair the colours you want it, to avoid any hassle from your college?

Yeahh i should probably wait. Thank you for your reply. I just wanted to get it done because it made me happy
Original post by L3monSquares
Yeahh i should probably wait. Thank you for your reply. I just wanted to get it done because it made me happy

ask if they will allow it?
Original post by niqabiforever21
ask if they will allow it?

I have and they said read the rules we emailed out and it says natural hair so I’ve decided to wait until I’ve left college completely which is in 1 month and a half

Quick Reply

Latest