The Student Room Group

Consulting summer internships 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by fcf1994
Hey guys I have an AC coming up this week for the Deloitte Consulting (summer internship) and was wondering whether anyone had any tips for me. In particular I'd love to know what level of commercial awareness that they're looking for as well as what preparation I should do for the interview besides revising motivation/competency type questions.

thanks in advance!

for monitor deloitte or just deloitte?
Reply 41
Original post by 95pc1

Just Deloitte
Dem feels when you put your heart and soul into your McKinsey application and cover letter...but you're not going to get a peep because you're not Oxbridge 😪

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
Original post by t00 g00d for u
Dem feels when you put your heart and soul into your McKinsey application and cover letter...but you're not going to get a peep because you're not Oxbridge ������

You definitely don't need to be at Oxbridge to get an offer. I've just been invited to the first round interview (having passed the PST) and I don't study at Oxbridge/LSE/Imperial. Also, I know a girl from Leeds Uni who has a graduate offer from Bain.

By the way, I've been told they don't read the cover letter. :tongue:

As an aside, has anyone been through the interview process at McKinsey and has tips to share?
Reply 44
Hey guys, anyone heard from Oliver Wyman after completing the tests?
Reply 45
Anyone else heard from BCG/McKinsey/LEK/OW/Roland Berger? I submitted my application a *very* long time ago so am a bit worried.
Reply 46
Original post by ivoras
Hey guys, anyone heard from Oliver Wyman after completing the tests?

Nope I haven't! I emailed them and said they will get back to you by latest 6th Feb... but am still anxious to know!
Original post by yldolce
Anyone else heard from BCG/McKinsey/LEK/OW/Roland Berger? I submitted my application a *very* long time ago so am a bit worried.

Neither! Have you applied anywhere else?

Oh I did do tests for OW (found maths really hard) but nothing since
Original post by yldolce

BCG and McKinsey just passed their deadline and they only start reviewing then, so I wouldn't worry too much just yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Original post by InternshipHelp
Neither! Have you applied anywhere else?

Oh I did do tests for OW (found maths really hard) but nothing since

Yep I did the test for OW too and found it pretty hard- but I think that's how its supposed to be?

I applied to Accenture/Big 4 but got rejected quite early in the process probably because I applied too late. Otherwise, I've submitted apps to econ consultancies- but that's a whole different story.
Original post by 95pc1

did you apply monitor deloitte?
Reply 51
Original post by InternshipHelp
did you apply monitor deloitte?

yes you?
Reply 52
Been invited to a final round for OW. Funny thing is I never had a first round?

How does OW compare to the top 3?
Guys, roughly how many consulting firms are there? excluding the big 4, there doesnt seem to be more than 10 or so, is this correct? and how many places per firm on average for their summer? again, seems small from what ive seen, any help appreciated!
Reply 54
Can anyone give some advice on how to get a summer internship with a boutique firm who don't have a 'formal' internship scheme? Is the best way to cold call the firm then ask to submit your CV/Cover letter? Any information would be useful, thanks
Original post by MasonG
Can anyone give some advice on how to get a summer internship with a boutique firm who don't have a 'formal' internship scheme? Is the best way to cold call the firm then ask to submit your CV/Cover letter? Any information would be useful, thanks

In all honesty, no.

You might get lucky and in the off chance find a firm willing to take you on. But it would be much better to have a more targeted strategy. Look for alumni from your university or your secondary school if you've lived in the UK for a while and start contacting them. Ask for referrals if you can.

Look on boutique company websites and see if they're holding any events (boutiques tend to be big on research events) and turn up. When there, strike up a conversation about who you are etc. and then take it from there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
In all honesty, no.

You might get lucky and in the off chance find a firm willing to take you on. But it would be much better to have a more targeted strategy. Look for alumni from your university or your secondary school if you've lived in the UK for a while and start contacting them. Ask for referrals if you can.

Look on boutique company websites and see if they're holding any events (boutiques tend to be big on research events) and turn up. When there, strike up a conversation about who you are etc. and then take it from there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok thanks for the help, I'll start researching more effectively!
Reply 57
Just been invited to do mckinsey PST
I didn't actually apply (assume I was referred) anyone have any guidance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aenigma
Just been invited to do mckinsey PST
I didn't actually apply (assume I was referred) anyone have any guidance?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Had you previously applied to Discover? They might have had your file on record.

I also just got the invite, so am in the same boat. I suppose the webinar should help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
Had you previously applied to Discover? They might have had your file on record.

I also just got the invite, so am in the same boat. I suppose the webinar should help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not applied to discover yet, think a friend may have done it because she said she might (a long time ago) but I got IB offers and told her not to borher

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending