The Student Room Group

Where to apply without a summer internship

I’m a second year student studying economics at a russel group university, predicted a 2:1. I don’t have an internship this summer and am aware a lot of companies hire their graduates through their internship schemes but some big companies also do take in a lot of new graduates that didn’t intern with them. I’m planning on applying for both internships and graduate schemes next summer because I might do a masters and I was wondering if anyone knew what type of companies i’d have more luck with applying straight for a grad scheme and which ones i’m way better off getting an internship and converting that into a grad job - in terms of BB, MM, consulting firms, asset managers etc. because a friend who works at a MM said most of them hire almost exclusively from their intern pool so any help appreciated!!
Hi!

I would recommend speaking to your universities careers team! Most, if not all, uni's will have a dedicated careers service aimed at helping students get internships, placements and jobs specific to the degree you are studying. Depending on the uni, the careers team might be available over the summer so, if possible, try and book an appointment with them!

Please feel free to ask if you have any other questions,
Mike

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending