The Student Room Group

Controlled assesment

Hi
Im yr 10 and am nervous about exams and assesments
Any advice

Posted from TSR Mobile
Try to sleep well the night before (I always used to go for a run to tire myself out, works even better if you record revision stuff and listen to it while you run).
I also found it handy to just hang out with my friends right before the exams and just joke around a bit to ease the nerves.
Take water in if you can (I found flavoured water was good for calming down).
If you're really worried, do a mock at home and get a family member to act like an invigilator (do the whole 'please read the instructions on the front of the examination booklet. You will have 45 minutes blah blah blah' thing).
Reply 2
Thanks will try
I would have a cut off point for a revision you won't learn much if you do it a day hour before exam plan ahead.

The night before get everything packed ready for the exam pens (make sure they work) any equipment, student id and then relax before you go to bed turn the phone off, watch something that you would enjoy but won't keep you awake thinking about it.

Avoid caffeinated tea, coffee or cola before bed. Practice yoga or mediation and avoid any unwanted stress. Take time out to pamper your self and de stress. Go to bed early even if it's a 1pm exam

The next morning eat a substantial breakfast/lunch. Then had head off to school/college. When you are there and you have an hour before exam. Keep calm, take deep breath count to 10 a few times slowly. Then go in

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending