The Student Room Group

DSA Dyspraxia

Hi, I am looking into the DSA for my Dyspraxia, but found out I will need to do a needs assesement. I can't find anything about it online, but wanted to know what kind of thing the needs assesment did, like is it a test? Do they give you an obstacle course to do to check your coordination, I just want to check what kind of thing it involves, if anyone has information or has done one for Dyspraxia please let me know?
Hi, don't worry no obstacle courses
The needs assessment is just a conversation where they sit you down and discuss what your diagnosis is, what that means for you, and what they could do to help in order to ensure you get the best support package possible,
It may also involve them demonstrating software to you to see if you think it could help

But yeah it's just about finding out what you need in order to best help you succeed,
Hope this calmed some of your worries, enjoy uni
Reply 2
Original post by Fibonacci28
Hi, don't worry no obstacle courses
The needs assessment is just a conversation where they sit you down and discuss what your diagnosis is, what that means for you, and what they could do to help in order to ensure you get the best support package possible,
It may also involve them demonstrating software to you to see if you think it could help

But yeah it's just about finding out what you need in order to best help you succeed,
Hope this calmed some of your worries, enjoy uni

Thank you! I appreciate your help. At least there's no obstacle courses 🤣
Original post by Flozzz
Hi, I am looking into the DSA for my Dyspraxia, but found out I will need to do a needs assesement. I can't find anything about it online, but wanted to know what kind of thing the needs assesment did, like is it a test? Do they give you an obstacle course to do to check your coordination, I just want to check what kind of thing it involves, if anyone has information or has done one for Dyspraxia please let me know?

Hi The Needs assessment is simply to see what you need in the way of help. You need to wait till you have the DSA1 letter that will tell you to book your Needs assessment.

I had mine over the phone it is just a chat. Once that is done they send you there report you send that to DSA and your University Disabled Support Team so they can put together a plan for your tutors. It really is painless

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending