The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Passport Photos for enrolment

On a letter it says I will need to bring (amongst other things) 4 passport photos to enrolment. Does anyone know why we need 4, and what they will be used for? Because I already have 2 identical passport photos left out of the set of 4 I had done for my actual passport application back in April/May, and I tried to get some more done recently, but they went wrong, and I don't want to waste yet another £3.50 if I don't really need to!! :redface:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi. Im going to Bishop Grosseteste and we needed to send in 7 and put one on the registration form. Ive got no idea what they could all be used for. Im thinking NUS card, library card, dont know what else.
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
i have four-but i look like a right grumpy little thing on them, so im planning on wasting money on getting new ones,
Are you allowed to smile on them because I know your not on photos for your passport. Its just that I hate pictures of me where I am not smiling.
i hate pictures of me when im not smiling either, i look really morbid :eek: ... im getting mine done tomorrow, think i might go for the cheesy grin :biggrin:
I'm gonna go for a cheesey grin too lol.
im planning on smiling on my new ones, no more grumpy me
Reply 7
im smilin on my passport photo! haha! whoops (they didnt say nething tho) so im gona go get some 2day i think....didnt know we needed four tho :s-smilie: maybe i just missed that bit! Lol
You need four. They need to be the same. One is used for a library card, one is for office use, so they can check that you are who you are when you pick up exam results etc lol... cant remember what the others are for but trust me, they use em lol.
Reply 9
I only needed 3:

1. uni record
2. ID card (orange card which is laminated)
3. SU card (discounts0
Reply 10
i only used 1 photo it made me a sad panda

3 to give away!
Reply 11
i'll take one for my wall :wink:

(i like scaring people :biggrin: )

had to rush to boots this morning at 9am to get another set as i've lost my old ones
i only used 1 as well... and i was not a happy bunny havin it take 2 pissin hours to get it all sorted out!
Reply 13
2 hours? 30mins start to finish here :biggrin: (and i had problems with my course paperwork)

:P
pssh, bet you were one of the earlybirds werent you? we didnt go til 12.30 because we had an appointment at pizza hut! :biggrin:
Reply 15
earlybird? how many 9am lectures do you have this semester? :P

lack of sleep is something you will need to get used to for a while because of parties, towards the end of the year it will be because of work :biggrin:

i was there 10.15. not that early really
i know someone who had to enrol at 8.30 and it only took them 20 minutes! this week im either in at 9 or 10 every morning, not good :frown:
Reply 17
bloody hell - have they forgotten its freshers week?
Reply 18
I was there at 9:30 and left at like 11 all due to the fact that I wasnt on the slips of paper with your initial on. So I had to wait at the enquirery line for like an hour.
Reply 19
Heh, I got there for 11.30am and didn't get enrolled until 1.45pm - had to go straight to a Student Services talk after that as well, but at least that only lasted ten minutes instead of the hour it was supposed to.

Was absolutely starving when I came out though... :p:

Latest