The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

KU International Freshers Guide: How To 'Check-In'

If you're an international student studying at Kingston University, one aspect of your enrolment is completing an in-person 'check-in' at one of the KU campuses. This can sometimes feel confusing, especially if it's your first time on campus and you're still trying to wrap your head around all the buildings - so I've decided to do a quick guide just to give you a better idea! :biggrin:

What is a check-in?
International students should attend an in-person check-in on campus to confirm you're currently in the UK and have the right to study here. Check-ins are available right now, so make sure to book an appointment if you need one!

How do I book an appointment?
You'll be emailed a link to book a check-in appointment if it's required as part of your enrolment - keep an eye on your inbox!

Where do the appointments take place?
You can check-in at the Information Centres in either the Town House at the Penrhyn Road Campus, or Kingston Hill's Nightingale Centre. Locations can change, however, so always double check when booking.

What should I bring with me?
As you need to show you're now living and studying in the UK, you'll need:
- Passport (or passports!)
- Biometric Residence Permit
- Home Office visa approval letter/Decision Letter
- e-ticket or a paper or electronic boarding pass showing the date you arrived in the UK - note that you only need to provide this if you entered the UK through an eGate at the airport
- a ‘share code’ to prove your settled or pre-settled status

I have a question - what should I do?
Call the Enrolment Hotline! It's open from 9am-5pm, and is a great service to hit up if you have any queries or concerns about the enrolment process.
UK Number: 0800 048 2484
Outside of the UK: +44 20 7206 4174

What should I do once I'm enrolled?
Once you're fully enrolled, you should be sent an email inviting you to book a slot to print your Kingston University ID card. ID cards are vital for checking into class and sitting any examinations, so try and get your ID printed as soon as possible. They're also super handy for racking up those useful student discounts! :smile:

Any questions, just drop them down below and one of the Kingston Reps team will get back to you as soon as possible.

- Eve (Kingston Rep).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending