The Student Room Group

Applying for Provisional License

Hi, I’m about to apply for my provisional drivers license online and I’m wondering how the photos work. I don’t have a passport so there isn’t a photo and signature available for them to use. Can I upload a photo digitally or do I need to take one at a booth, get it signed and then post it. If so, how would I post it? Will I need a d1 form? I’m really confused by all this, thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by entityshae
Hi, I’m about to apply for my provisional drivers license online and I’m wondering how the photos work. I don’t have a passport so there isn’t a photo and signature available for them to use. Can I upload a photo digitally or do I need to take one at a booth, get it signed and then post it. If so, how would I post it? Will I need a d1 form? I’m really confused by all this, thanks.

Found this online: “Yes, you can apply for a provisional licence without a UK passport. You can provide other acceptable identification documents, such as a biometric residence permit, immigration status document, or certificate of naturalisation”

I’m sure the website will guide you through it when you get started

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending