The Student Room Group

Being asked to send passport by post

For my student finance application, I have been asked to provide evidence for immigration status because for some reason they think I am an immigrant when I am not. I have always lived in the UK and my place of birth on my birth certificate, that I already provided as evidence, shows I was born in the UK as well. I also gave my passport details when applying, so why am I being asked to send in my physical passport by post as evidence? Im confused about what to do here, because www.gov.uk says not to send the passport itself.
Original post by AY2744
For my student finance application, I have been asked to provide evidence for immigration status because for some reason they think I am an immigrant when I am not. I have always lived in the UK and my place of birth on my birth certificate, that I already provided as evidence, shows I was born in the UK as well. I also gave my passport details when applying, so why am I being asked to send in my physical passport by post as evidence? Im confused about what to do here, because www.gov.uk says not to send the passport itself.

Hi,

I would recommend ringing student finance England directly on the number on their website and confirm wether this is true as it could be a scam!

Good luck,
T
Yes definetly give them a ring
Reply 3
Original post by Teesside University
Hi,

I would recommend ringing student finance England directly on the number on their website and confirm wether this is true as it could be a scam!

Good luck,

Thank you for replying. I don’t think it’s a scam as I have already called them about this, and was told to send the passport by post. The person who picked up didn’t really explain why when I asked about it so I’m still confused. Shouldn’t my UK passport details and birth certificate already be sufficient for evidence to show that I am a UK citizen and not an immigrant?
Original post by AY2744
Thank you for replying. I don’t think it’s a scam as I have already called them about this, and was told to send the passport by post. The person who picked up didn’t really explain why when I asked about it so I’m still confused. Shouldn’t my UK passport details and birth certificate already be sufficient for evidence to show that I am a UK citizen and not an immigrant?

Hi there,

Did you input your UK passport details on your application when you applied or did you upload a photo of your passport? Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending