The Student Room Group
Reply 1
hehe, me too!!! i was sooooooooooooo despearate to go there this year to do medicine (and i still am!) but i too messed up maths (catastrophically! no serously, if i get anything higher than a U for P3 i've die of shock!). Chem isn't going to well either. or bio for that matter! its not looking too good at the moment. i've sure i won't get my grades :frown:
Reply 2
i am really worried about maths cause i really wanna go and do medicine but i'm sure i got like -10 marks on P3 and i also shafted up S2 i think, WOt board are you doin for maths n chem n bio.
I'm not looking forward to chenmistry at all im doin AQA and i just can't do it its bloody impossible.
Reply 3
I forgot to ask, where are you from?
BYE!
Reply 4
POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Reply 5
i'm doing AQA for chem too - thought that was a complete bitch of a paper today!! not looking forward to mod 5 & synoptic - not even opened my books for those yet! i'm doing edexcel for maths and as i said i've totally messed up P3. reckon i've got C in P2 (iknow everyone esle found it easy! it wasnt!). but i think i may have managed an A hopefully in S2. only got 3 more exmas left, so guess i'll just have to wait and see. i reckon i'm gonna resit if i miss my grades - i'm so hoping it won't come to that! i'm dying to go to uni! i'm from kent by the way, how about you?
Reply 6
Im from yorkshire. I also really want to goto uni, its gunna be ace. At least it will be if i acctually get there cause otherwise i dont have the feintest idea wot i'll do if i don't. I just can't revise chemistry it's not in my brain it just goes streight over my head especially the synoptic stuff. I've got biology synoptic 2morow which should b fun. (I think maths has buggered up my whole life.)
Reply 7
too right, maths should be banned!
Reply 8
All my maths is now done so unless i have to retake the whole year. there will be no more maths for me ever. Went out last nite to celebrate the end of maths and then had a fun general studies exam this mornin with a bad bad hangover so i failed that too not that i give a dam cause it's general studies.
Reply 9
Manchester is a very good choice for medicine. My cousin studied there, and recommended it very highly. She said that the amount of work expected to be done results in some students nearly having nervous breakdowns, but if you don't mind A LOT of hard work, then its one of the best around (I think the Gaurdian put it in the top five).

If you haven't already, then I would advise you to look into studying at the Imperial College in London (requires ABB). I know it wasn't very high up in the league tables, but its a very respected establishment and has some of the best facilities in the country- its worth a look at least.

If you have the grades neccessary, then Cambridge is the obvious choice. As some other people in the forum have said, its superior in almost all aspects of medical education, and is probably the best in Britain. Once again, however, its a lot of work - but hey, its medicine, what do you expect?

Don't forget, all this hard work will be worth it - at the end of the six years, you finally get to put those two letters in front of your name, and work 10 hour days for the same amount a train driver would earn, now THAT'S motivation.

Best of luck.
Sincerely,
GC White
Reply 10
yay manchester at last gets a deserved mention!!! looked at another thread on here b4 (best med schools) and manchester was not mentioned! grr. i hopefully am goin manchester for medicine this year, altho i agree about p3, terrible paper, although unlike the majority of posters i did ocr. exams gone well up2 now, have caned s2(ocr) and biology also. aqa bio mod 7 tmw (microbes n disease n synoptic). shud b fun. ne1 else doin it?

haha my exams finish on tuesday, im gona get sooo trashed.
Reply 11
Well biology was fun fink my A is safe howvere i need to learn chemistry rite now cause otherwise im facked.
Reply 12
Mr White, it's only 2 letters if you go to Southampton (MB)... If your sister went to Manchester surely you should know that you get MB ChB? (5 letters...)
Hmmm... and for most of the other universities it's 4 letters (MB BS).
Reply 13
Originally posted by Unregistered
Mr White, it's only 2 letters if you go to Southampton (MB)... If your sister went to Manchester surely you should know that you get MB ChB? (5 letters...)
Hmmm... and for most of the other universities it's 4 letters (MB BS).

Dr
Reply 14
hello

Latest

Trending

Trending