The Student Room Group

Pharmacy through clearing

Last year I applied for Medicine but was rejected by all before results day. I only had one offer which was biomed at Manchester, but I really wanted to change it to Pharmacy at Manchester and I did. However after some thought I decided to actually reject the offer and re apply for Medicine and taking a gap year since I achieved 3 A*s in my A levels. Unfortunately it isn't looking great for me as I have been rejected by Cardiff, put on a reserve list for Sunderland and still waiting for Aston and Keele to respond after interview. I was also rejected by Manchester for Pharmacy because my personal statement wasn't suitable. I would just like to ask if I am unfortunately unable to get into Medicine, will I be able to at least get into Pharmacy at a Russel Group University this year? I am really not wanting to take another gap year. I've seen that applicants for Pharmacy for this year increased by 40% too, my luck is just terrible. Is it likely for Russel Group unis to be in clearing for Pharmacy?
Reply 1
Original post by Exciting95135
Last year I applied for Medicine but was rejected by all before results day. I only had one offer which was biomed at Manchester, but I really wanted to change it to Pharmacy at Manchester and I did. However after some thought I decided to actually reject the offer and re apply for Medicine and taking a gap year since I achieved 3 A*s in my A levels. Unfortunately it isn't looking great for me as I have been rejected by Cardiff, put on a reserve list for Sunderland and still waiting for Aston and Keele to respond after interview. I was also rejected by Manchester for Pharmacy because my personal statement wasn't suitable. I would just like to ask if I am unfortunately unable to get into Medicine, will I be able to at least get into Pharmacy at a Russel Group University this year? I am really not wanting to take another gap year. I've seen that applicants for Pharmacy for this year increased by 40% too, my luck is just terrible. Is it likely for Russel Group unis to be in clearing for Pharmacy?

I think there’s still a possibility, due to the unpredictable uncertainty of the grade boundaries. I’m sure many may miss out on those offers so their places will go into clearing. FFS
Original post by Dd321
I think there’s still a possibility, due to the unpredictable uncertainty of the grade boundaries. I’m sure many may miss out on those offers so their places will go into clearing. FFS

Why did you go FFS? 😂 Anyways praying on this years downfall fr 😂😂😂
Reply 3

FFS = First come First Served
Original post by Dd321
FFS = First come First Served

Thought u meant for f's sake lol
Reply 5

I’m one of those ppl ur praying on kmt, any tips for A level I need AAA man, I’m a dentistry reject with a pharmacy offer from Aston 😂
Original post by Dd321
I’m one of those ppl ur praying on kmt, any tips for A level I need AAA man, I’m a dentistry reject with a pharmacy offer from Aston 😂

My Instagram is 24_kings

Why not take a gap year ? Also why is Ur offer so high for Pharmacy? You can get ABB and get into any other university like Manchester or Newcastle or even KCL
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 7
Hi id like to know the details about you changing your offer from biomed to pharmacy. When did you do this? And how
Hi!
I'm a Pharmacy student at Keele. Keele usually goes into clearing (so does Wolverhampton and maybe Aston). It doesn't really matter if you get your degree from a Russell Group uni or not so long as you have the MPharm.
If I had to guess, I'd say pharmacy applicants have increased by 40% because pharmacists will be coming out as independent prescribers, after their Foundation Training Year (pharmacy only has 1 instead of fy1 and fy2). That's also why the entry requirements are going up, because the course is becoming very clinical and you have to learn a lot of diagnostic, management and physical examination elements that med students also study. I hope it goes well for you and you get an offer from Aston or Keele but keep them in mind for pharmacy clearing!
Was UCLAN in pharmacy clearing last year? I could've sworn it was

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending