The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine

Does Univeristy of Manchester do graduate entry medicine ?
Hey there, thanks for posting a question in the Medicine forum. :biggrin:

The Medicine forum gets a high volume of questions being posted, and some of these are already answered by the resources and Megathreads that members of the community and volunteers have created. This is an automatic post which is designed to highlight these resources. Below is a list of threads and articles that could answer your question (you should be looking in the original post of the megathreads). If one of the below threads is a more relevant place to ask your question, please post a reply in that thread to ask your question. If your query is answered by one of the Megathreads or articles linked below, and you would like us to close this thread for you, please reply to this thread with just the words "thank you". A member of our team will then get it locked.

Megathreads
(Please read the first post, before then posting any further questions you have within that thread.)
The "Which Medical School Should I Apply To?" Uberthread
The Ultimate 'Am I Good Enough For Medicine?' Angst Thread
Medicine A-Level subjects queries
Work Experience and Voluntary Work

2023 Applicants:
Official Undergraduate Medicine 2023 Entry
Graduate Entry Medicine 2023 Entry
Medicine 2023 entry for resit / retake / gap year applicants
A100 Medicine for International Students 2023 Entry
Medicine Interview discussion 2023 Entry
2023 entry A100 / A101 Medicine fastest and slowest offer senders
Index of Individual Medical School Applicants' threads 2023 Entry

2024 Applicants :
Official Undergraduate Medicine 2024 Entry
Graduate Entry Medicine 2024 Entry
GAMSAT 2024 / 2025 entry discussions megathread
UCAT 2024 Entry Discussions Megathread

Other application years:
Graduate Entry Medicine 2025 Entry
Official Undergraduate Medicine 2025 Entry

Useful Articles:
GCSE Requirements for Medicine
Everything you need to know about the BMAT
Work Experience as a Graduate or Mature student
Medicine Personal Statement Advice
Medicine Personal Statement Advice (Graduate Entry)
Interview Frequently Asked Questions
MMI Medicine Interview Tips
What to do after an unsuccessful first application

If your query is answered by one of the Megathreads or articles linked above, and you would like us to close this thread for you, please reply to this thread with just the words "thank you". A member of our team will then get it locked.
Reply 2
they do now, I've been checking and they've just added it for 2024 entry. I was even considering applying for the A100 course as a graduate since I really want to go to medical school in that area but now they've added it.

https://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/2024/21177/mbchb-medicine-graduate-entry/entry-requirements/#course-profile
Reply 3
Original post by Elsatrish1
they do now, I've been checking and they've just added it for 2024 entry. I was even considering applying for the A100 course as a graduate since I really want to go to medical school in that area but now they've added it.

https://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/2024/21177/mbchb-medicine-graduate-entry/entry-requirements/#course-profile

Thank you so much my GCSEs are really messed up now this gives me an option because of teacher predictions
Reply 4

What degree have you done , sorry ?
Reply 5
Original post by 12XYZ123
Thank you so much my GCSEs are really messed up now this gives me an option because of teacher predictions

don't panic! are you doing GCSEs or A-Levels?
Reply 6
What degree have you done , sorry ?

I'm doing physiology at Newcastle Uni at the moment, going into my third year in september. I'm going to take a gap year though and apply for 2025 entry, so hopefully the Manchester GEM course will be in full swing by then.
Reply 7

I’ve just completed A-levels shaking in my boots for results day
Reply 8
I'm doing physiology at Newcastle Uni at the moment, going into my third year in september. I'm going to take a gap year though and apply for 2025 entry, so hopefully the Manchester GEM course will be in full swing by then.

Wow that’s amazing I’m considering doing MPharm then going for it . Good luck you’ll do great
Reply 9
What would you recommend I do ?

I’ve just completed A-levels shaking in my boots for results day

honestly you'll be fine! the fact that you have managed to complete the two years in itself is something to be really proud of. i was terrified for my results and rightfully so, everyone is in the same boat.
Wow that’s amazing I’m considering doing MPharm then going for it . Good luck you’ll do great

that sounds really good, I know a few people in pharmacy and they love it...challenging but definitely worth while. honestly I hope so, I really want this. first things first is getting a 2:1 in my degree lol
Reply 12
honestly you'll be fine! the fact that you have managed to complete the two years in itself is something to be really proud of. i was terrified for my results and rightfully so, everyone is in the same boat.

Thank you it keeps me awake like I’m genuinely terrified of failing , like if I don’t meet my uni offer .
Reply 13
that sounds really good, I know a few people in pharmacy and they love it...challenging but definitely worth while. honestly I hope so, I really want this. first things first is getting a 2:1 in my degree lol

I’m rooting for you I’m planning on doing pharmacy then applying to GEM at Manchester my teachers really ruined my GCSE grades
I’m rooting for you I’m planning on doing pharmacy then applying to GEM at Manchester my teachers really ruined my GCSE grades

most unis don't look at GCSEs anyway, some don't even look at A-Levels. the ones that look at A-Levels usually want a minimum of like BBB. The most important thing for GEM is getting a 2:1 which is what I'm aiming for. Good Luck with your A-Levels...let me know how you got on!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending