The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

At Lincoln

Ok so i'm at lincoln and it's the second day, i feel completly alone and know NO ONE, i'm a very shy person and dont really find it easy to just talk to/ go up to people. i know people keep saying everyones in the same boat but i feel completly alone in this, went out last night { something i rarley do, im not into drinking , odd for an 18 year old i know} and dont get me wrong, my flat mates are nice enough, i just dont fit in with them, theres five of us and they have sort of paired off. I'm i the only one feeling completly alone and petrified! ? :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i know i should do this, but even then, this requires actually talking to people and alot of people here already seem to have clicks with other people.
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
Hey I feel a bit alone too, I got here yesterday and my flatmates haven't moved in yet so I'm just pottering around!!!
Reply 3
get the haribo and drinks out ready for when they arrive :smile:
Reply 4
Steeps
get the haribo and drinks out ready for when they arrive :smile:

lol that's not a bad idea!
Reply 5
im doing psychology what are you doing ?
Reply 6
hey my names gemma as you prob guess yoiur gonna be in some of the same claasses as me cuz am doing criminology and psychology
Reply 7
Ohh today is my 2nd day, I've had a wander round town with the flatmates. I haven't been out for a night out yet. One of my flatmates is lovely the other isnt as nice and acts really childish and immature for her age.
I think its true what they say about everyone is in the same situation as all the other 1st years, and soon we can get into our own routines and get used to our new surroundings! I'm still worried about enrollin 2moro. I just hope i dont get lost and people like me! X
Reply 8
At the moment i absoutly hate i feel so alone its untrue i dont know anyone else in lincoln my flat mates well am not getting n that well with them they seem nice nough they just dont seem to like me very mch on girl cats nice enugh but her best friends in courts and well not fair on her i dont know what to do but i really dont like it i nwanna go home so badly
Reply 9
When I get my sofa you guys can come and chill with me.
Reply 10
Cinderella5756
im doing psychology what are you doing ?

i'm doing criminology n psychology
hey. im from roth too cinderella5756
Reply 12
gemma1987
At the moment i absoutly hate i feel so alone its untrue i dont know anyone else in lincoln my flat mates well am not getting n that well with them they seem nice nough they just dont seem to like me very mch on girl cats nice enugh but her best friends in courts and well not fair on her i dont know what to do but i really dont like it i nwanna go home so badly

ahh bless ya, well you'll see a lot of me since we're on the same course! You won't feel like that onc you get talking to more people, I'm sure of it
Reply 13
hopefully cuz cant stand feeling liek this for much longer
I moved in this evening, went out to The Glass House for a drink met up with a couple of old school friends, haven't had much chance to talk to my flatmates yet as my parents stayed till about half 8 and then everyone went out so I'll get on to that case tomorrow

Can't say its good or bad so far though

I'm sure things will improve for everyone!!!
Reply 15
its going to get a lot better! trust me.
i am LOVIN IT :biggrin:
Reply 17
i'm not :frown:

someone drag me out!
Reply 18
...how comes??? it is really hard i know. I had my first cry yesterday:frown: but felt better for it. Im just soooo tired. Forensic Science seems to have the longest timetable:frown:. You been to the Engine Shed yet? Cheer up :smile: just think, least you have the internet and a computer. There are always games and different websites you can go on:smile:. Some people i know in student village havent got the net yet.
did anyone go on the pub crawl last nite?? i havent felt homesick at all yet.. but ive not really had time 2 just sit down on my own 4 abit, all my stuff's not even unpacked, just got random clothes, posters & crap chucked about the place!!

Latest