The Student Room Group

Dance Courses

Can anyone recommend undergraduate dance courses that offer a really supportive environment?
Hello,

I'm currently in 1st year studying BA Dance at the University of Lincoln. In terms of somewhere with a really supportive environment, the University of Lincoln is definitely somewhere that is able to offer just that and more. Starting 1st year was a daunting process for me but I knew I wanted to follow my passion for dancing and choosing the right space for me to do so was an important decision. On the BA Dance course here at Lincoln, they take real pride in integrating all 3 years so that you become like a family and can learn and grow off of each other. As dancers, we are naturally very creative people and the University of Lincoln expands beyond the dance course; their are various opportunities within the College of Arts where you are welcome to combine with other courses for your own personal learning. Choosing somewhere with a supportive environment can be a hard choice to make and I was in your shoes just only a year ago but for me the University of Lincoln shone out for me and I'm proud to say that I am able to learn in a safe, friendly, positive and supportive learning environment every day

I hope this helps and good luck with your decisions :smile:
Abigail
Thank you so much for your message. It sounds like you are really happy at Lincoln.

Getting the balance between a support and nurturing environment and a good standard of dance training is really important to me.

Quick Reply

Latest