The Student Room Group

I go freerunning/parkour often AMA

As it says above I do freerunning/Parcore, so AMA.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How does it feel to go freerunning/parcore often?
Do you ever find it a bit dangerous, running and jumping from building to building, especially if there's a large gap in between buildings?
Any feelings or thoughts associated with free running?
If so, can you explain them, please?
I understand if you doing not.
When you were starting out where and how did you start? Did you ever get hassled or attacked by members of the public?
Reply 5
Original post by scotttb
How does it feel to go freerunning/parcore often?

Awesome, I love jumping of things from high up, it's such a rush

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Demon Llama
Do you ever find it a bit dangerous, running and jumping from building to building, especially if there's a large gap in between buildings?

I don't tend to do something I haven't built up to, otherwise you can pull muscles even if you pull it off

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
(edit)
<Double posted>
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Powpowpowpowpow
When you were starting out where and how did you start? Did you ever get hassled or attacked by members of the public?

When I started I didn't even free run, I used to go trampolining for a few years and I gained write a bit of leg strength because of it, I used to live more than a mile away from school, before I was a short distance sprinter but I started to sprint the whole mile, after a few Weeks I only had to stop once and I'd get there in about 8/9 minutes then one day I was running and a car decided to not indicate and drive into the lane I was crossing, I noticed as it did but I wasn't able to slow down as I was going downhill and flat out sprinting, so I jumped the car bonnet, and almost landed perfectly, from that point I realised that I was able to get to places quicker using speed and agility.
Most of the things I know I self taught

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Arkarian

Is it not called 'Parkour'?

How did you get into it?! So cool! I would love to be able to do something like that... did you do athletics as a kid... i.e long jump....?

How do you train?
Have you had any injuries?
does cheese help you do Parcore ?
i parkour as well, what aspect do you focus on: vaults, bars ect?
Woahhh its so interesting omg I want to pick it up. It seems really handy in getting to places faster. So do you suggest just training overall fitness, like running long distances and maybe upper body fitness like pull ups and stuff before starting out? Or is it better to allow the fitness to build as you practice moves and stuff? Also where do you think is the best way to start out haha
Original post by CVK Abhiroop
Woahhh its so interesting omg I want to pick it up. It seems really handy in getting to places faster. So do you suggest just training overall fitness, like running long distances and maybe upper body fitness like pull ups and stuff before starting out? Or is it better to allow the fitness to build as you practice moves and stuff? Also where do you think is the best way to start out haha

i would say familiarize yourself with rolls (just to avoid injury) and let the fitness build that's what i do
Any pictures or videos? Do you have friends who do it as well?
Reply 17
Original post by 3309will
Is it not called 'Parkour'?

It's not exactly in the dictionary so your guess is as good as mine just like trampoline isn't in the dictionary unless they added it recently

Posted from TSR Mobile
Would you jump on cars in a traffic jam?
Original post by GunslingerZearon
i would say familiarize yourself with rolls (just to avoid injury) and let the fitness build that's what i do

Oh is it!! Sounds so fun haha. Did you practice with a group of friends or something? Would that be better than doing it alone?

It's not exactly in the dictionary so your guess is as good as mine just like trampoline isn't in the dictionary unless they added it recently

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/parkour Haha i think they both are in the dictionary :P

Quick Reply

Latest