x Turn on thread page Beta

Enjoying revision?! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    How can I make revision enjoyable?

ReputationRep:
    Enjoy your subject(s)

ReputationRep:
    Revision when you get to it is never fun. It depends on your subjects but you can make colourful notes, posters etc (but don't spend too long makes the notes instead of revising)> Reward yourself after you've done part of your revision with like snacks for example. Try and stay motivated by thinking of what grades you want or need to get into the course you hope to apply for. Make sure you take regular breaks when necessary.
    =)

ReputationRep:
    i always make short colorful notes and dont revise more than 30 mins each time,giving myself a 5 min break

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For me:

- Music. I spend quite a while making themed playlists.
    - Writing my notes like a story. I have certain "tones of writing" for say definitions and others for the serious "need to know" bits and more. I write jokes/puns in to help me remember. I address myself as the reader. Might sound odd.
    - Satisfaction of feeling completely confident in a topic. "Nothing the examiners can ever do will harm me!"
    - I often explain stuff to a couple of my friends who aren't as confident in some of my topics and that's enjoyable for me too. I like explaining things so others can understand because this means I understand it well enough to explain it fully.

Even so there are times when it just sucks and you're completely not motivated. When that happens I am strict with myself. I say "OK. Go and do something else for 10 minutes and I will come back fresh and there will be work". That usually works for me.

ReputationRep:
    Whenever I revise for subject I enjoy I don't mind revision I mostly spend my time doing science revision

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.