The Student Room Group

Enjoying revision?!

How can I make revision enjoyable?
Enjoy your subject(s) :biggrin:
Revision when you get to it is never fun. It depends on your subjects but you can make colourful notes, posters etc (but don't spend too long makes the notes instead of revising)> Reward yourself after you've done part of your revision with like snacks for example. Try and stay motivated by thinking of what grades you want or need to get into the course you hope to apply for. Make sure you take regular breaks when necessary.
=)
Reply 3
i always make short colorful notes and dont revise more than 30 mins each time,giving myself a 5 min break

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
For me:

- Music. I spend quite a while making themed playlists.
- Writing my notes like a story. I have certain "tones of writing" for say definitions and others for the serious "need to know" bits and more. I write jokes/puns in to help me remember. I address myself as the reader. Might sound odd.
- Satisfaction of feeling completely confident in a topic. "Nothing the examiners can ever do will harm me!"
- I often explain stuff to a couple of my friends who aren't as confident in some of my topics and that's enjoyable for me too. I like explaining things so others can understand because this means I understand it well enough to explain it fully.

Even so there are times when it just sucks and you're completely not motivated. When that happens I am strict with myself. I say "OK. Go and do something else for 10 minutes and I will come back fresh and there will be work". That usually works for me.
Whenever I revise for subject I enjoy I don't mind revision I mostly spend my time doing science revision :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest