The Student Room Group

revision in year 10

im in year 10 and its the easter holidays ( 3 weeks off) for the first week i had went on a holiday and now for the 2 remaining weeks i havent done anything but stay at home and revise, i feel like im wasting my time this revision may not even fully help me, i do a solid 6 hours of revision everyday however i always have this feeling whether there is any point, for example will it help? i might not be foccusing enough? and then i reach a state where i dont want to revise. should i revise? how do i overcome this feeling of failure?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by xzyuo_137
im in year 10 and its the easter holidays ( 3 weeks off) for the first week i had went on a holiday and now for the 2 remaining weeks i havent done anything but stay at home and revise, i feel like im wasting my time this revision may not even fully help me, i do a solid 6 hours of revision everyday however i always have this feeling whether there is any point, for example will it help? i might not be foccusing enough? and then i reach a state where i dont want to revise. should i revise? how do i overcome this feeling of failure?

I don't think you should be revising 6 hours a day, especially in year 10 - you should be making revision resources and revising for tests you may have after Easter, but I don't think that would equate to 6 hours of revision a day. I think you should do things you enjoy, as well as a small amount of revision.
I think you are stressing yourself too much. Revising EVERY DAY for 6 hours like... thats a lot lol. You are still in year 10 so enjoy yourself while you still have time. You will be overworked enough the next year. So yeah try to balance education and other stuff.
Reply 3
A little late to thread but I agree with what everyone else is saying you’re in year 10, you probably should ramp it up on year 11.

About you calling it a ways of time, is what I disagree with. It is extremely difficult to go over something and become worse at it. You probably have mocks soon or have had them so this will basically check if the way you’re revising is good. If it’s not change it. Don’t know how to - speak to someone on here. To check if the new method is good do some exam questions or a past paper, although it’s better to save them for the end, but you can still attempt some.

Hope this helps although it may not be relevant anymore, but aleast it’s out there if someone needs this in the future

Quick Reply

Latest