The Student Room Group

Revision for the bad subjects

How do you lot revise for subjects you hate? I do French Psych and Geography and I can spam French revision for hours because its genuinely fun, but any amount of psychology or geography and i just completely cba. Have been told to find the interesting bits in both and view it as an interest over exams, but there is genuinely 0 interest in either of them at this point. How do you get yourself to revise when any amount of revision is just the biggest struggle?
Original post by wigglewaggle321
How do you lot revise for subjects you hate? I do French Psych and Geography and I can spam French revision for hours because its genuinely fun, but any amount of psychology or geography and i just completely cba. Have been told to find the interesting bits in both and view it as an interest over exams, but there is genuinely 0 interest in either of them at this point. How do you get yourself to revise when any amount of revision is just the biggest struggle?
I don't know how much the idea of a poor exam grade or knowing you could have done better motivates you to revise, but that definitely helped me. You could also think of the satisfaction you'll have knowing you've done some good effective revision for these subjects.
I also found splitting my revision into 25 mins on, 5 mins off, 25 mins on, 5 mins of useful and I could go for hours doing that in subjects I didn't particularly enjoy. Maybe you could try doing 25 mins of psych/geo then 25 mins of french or a subject you enjoy more.

These are just some ideas, wish you the best with you revision. Good luck!!

Quick Reply

Latest