The Student Room Group

geography vs history gcse

i like both subjects, but i think history is most interesting to take. i’ve heard from loads of people that history is really hard, which is why it’s mainly putting me off the gcse. also i have a feeling that i’m not very good at history, and i’m better at geography. everybody says that you should take what you enjoy and if that’s the case i would do history, but i feel i’m better at geography and history is harder for me.
If you're willing to put the work in, I would say history is better for GCSE, if it's more interesting to you (i'm biased ngl), if you're looking for an easy(well, easier) 9, geography is better. Keep in mind that as you progress on though the work doesn't feel as bad as it will in the beginning of the year.
Original post by srslysasquatch
If you're willing to put the work in, I would say history is better for GCSE, if it's more interesting to you (i'm biased ngl), if you're looking for an easy(well, easier) 9, geography is better. Keep in mind that as you progress on though the work doesn't feel as bad as it will in the beginning of the year.

i’m so conflicted because i wouldn’t mind taking either i’m just concerned about the word standard and how much i’ll have to do. geography is easier for my to grasp and easier as a gcse but is more boring compared to history, but i struggle more in history and it’s more work! omg i need help 😅😅😅
Reply 3
history is actually not that hard if you learn the key things and the structure that u need to answer the questions. i used to take both geography and history and i found geography sooo boring but i find history really interesting. i ended up dropping geography as i had 0 motivation to revise for it, if you enjoy something you’ll enjoy revising for it more and you’ll get a good grade
Original post by gallant-molester
i’m so conflicted because i wouldn’t mind taking either i’m just concerned about the word standard and how much i’ll have to do. geography is easier for my to grasp and easier as a gcse but is more boring compared to history, but i struggle more in history and it’s more work! omg i need help 😅😅😅

the person above basically sums it up, with history it's harder but if you have good support and you get a good revision schedule, then it'll be easier for you: plus you'll have tons more motivation to revise for the subject if you like it. for me i really enjoy learning about nazi germany to the point where i have no problems revising it, so even though it was hard for me in the beginning, i got used to revising it. if it was revising for igneous rocks now that would be a different story...

Quick Reply

Latest