The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Looking for a Lincoln Uni Comp Sci student

hi

As the title says i am looking for a Computer Science student who is either currently at Lincoln University or has been at Lincoln University in the last couple of years.

Now the main reason for this is that i have just completed my degree in Computing from Hull University (delivered at Grimsby Institute), and i am currently undertaking a complaints procedure that involves a unit that is being taught at Lincoln University and that we where taught at Grimsby Institute (Comparative Programming Technologys). This unit dealt with the production of a program using four programming langauages (Haskell/Paskell/Java/Prolog).

What i am specifically looking for are the (powerpoint) presentations that where given to the students who undertook this course through Lincoln University. If i was able to obtain these presentations it would help greatly with my compalints procedure.

I currently have the presentations that we at Grimsby where given, i am looking for the Lincoln presentations so i can compare them to see how much work our tutor put into the production of said presentations.

I would like to thank everyone in advance for any help they can give in this matter
Reply 1
haskel? you would want to look at the people who are in their 3rd year now, as I believe thats what was done in the second year last year. I dropped out last year and redone the seocnd year again this year and I knew haskel was on the list. from last year
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
I am a first year student and to be honest the slides that are used in the "Into to Programming" lectures suit there purpose. If I was to complain about anything it's the fact were using java and the fact the whole year (All 1st year technology students) are rolled into 3 units to 'broaden' our knowledge .

There are sound production students studying problem solving and comp sci students studying 'Creative Technology" (Think media production, photoshop and photos) . It's a good unit but I would rather study maths or something more advanced that Photoshop.

</moan>

Latest