The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial Joint Maths and Computing course

I’m currently in year 13 studying maths, further maths and physics and want to study maths and computer science related degree at top uni. I’m considering the JMC degree at imperial but is it more competitive than the maths degree? I’ve done the MAT and predicting a score of 60-65. My predicted grades are A*A*A (A in physics). My other choices are LSE , UCL, Kings and Bristol

Is it worth applying for JMC and if so what are my chances in securing an interview?

Also will I get a STEP requirement offer alongside A-level grades?

Does JMC even look at MAT?

Thanks,
Reply 1
Original post by Aanu3001
I’m currently in year 13 studying maths, further maths and physics and want to study maths and computer science related degree at top uni. I’m considering the JMC degree at imperial but is it more competitive than the maths degree? I’ve done the MAT and predicting a score of 60-65. My predicted grades are A*A*A (A in physics). My other choices are LSE , UCL, Kings and Bristol

Is it worth applying for JMC and if so what are my chances in securing an interview?

Also will I get a STEP requirement offer alongside A-level grades?

Does JMC even look at MAT?

Thanks,

Firstly, the MAT is hanging on the edge of a cliff at the minute. Check what this thread has to say: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7410452&page=11
Secondly, JMC and Comp Sci do not look at MAT anyway, they give STEP conditions instead (not to everyone for some reason, but 90+% of offers come with a STEP condition). Potentially higher STEP condition for JMC vs Comp Sci, the Comp Sci is Grade 2 in STEP 2, JMC I think is Grade 2 in STEP 2 and in STEP 3?
As for joint courses, they are usually more competitive anyway.
Everyone takes an Online Admissions test by Imperial to shortlist candidates, not the MAT. This is their own test, and I attached the results and interview rates for each score in the test.
The link to do the test should come a week or so after your UCAS is sent off.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending