The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

University of Bradford - Here to Help!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by University of Bradford
We welcome students from all over the world with 15% of our students joining us from over 110 different countries.

You will find a diverse mix of people from different backgrounds, faiths, nationalities and ages all studying and living on the closely-knit city centre campus. This mixture of people in a compact space creates a vibrant community atmosphere where lifelong friendships are made between students from all over the world.

You may find it useful to browse through the International section of our website at http://www.brad.ac.uk/international/

If you wish to make an application we advise you use the services of our official representatives overseas. Specific details for our Philippines representatives can be found at http://www.bradford.ac.uk/international/before-you-apply/find-an-overseas-representative/philippines-agents/

I hope you find this information helpful and if you need anything else please do let me know. Alternatively you are more than welcome to get in touch with our International Office directly.

That is really great! Do you have any data on how diverse the uni is compared to others? Is it more diverse than the norm, less so, or about average?

Also, what proportion of the student population come from the city itself? I read somewhere that this was quite high, with a quite a lot living at home (like they do on the continent) rather than in hall or private rented accommodation?
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Original post by Kill3er
Are lectures recorded and placed online along with the power point presentations used? Specifically for Engineering...

Yes each of our Lecturers upload their presentations to a system called Blackboard which is a Student Information Portal.

Lectures aren’t normally recorded however, it’s currently something our Academic Affairs Officer is looking into so it might only be a matter of time before this starts to happen :smile:

I hope you find this information helpful and if you need anything else do let me know.
Original post by chocolate hottie
That is really great! Do you have any data on how diverse the uni is compared to others? Is it more diverse than the norm, less so, or about average?

Also, what proportion of the student population come from the city itself? I read somewhere that this was quite high, with a quite a lot living at home (like they do on the continent) rather than in hall or private rented accommodation?

When it comes to nationalities on campus, Bradford's 15% is slightly less than the sector average of 18%. This positions Bradford in the middle of the table, raking 82nd out of 159 registered Universities.

When it comes to ethnicity diversity, Bradford ranks 4th out of 159 registered Universities with a 57% ratio of its student population belonging to the BME group (Black and Minority Ethnic).

There were some 3,000 UK domiciled Undergraduate students whose permanent address or homes were located within the Bradford district last year, equivalent to 36% of all UK domiciled undergraduate students.

I hope this information helps and if you need anything further do get back in touch.
When it comes to nationalities on campus, Bradford's 15% is slightly less than the sector average of 18%. This positions Bradford in the middle of the table, raking 82nd out of 159 registered Universities.

When it comes to ethnicity diversity, Bradford ranks 4th out of 159 registered Universities with a 57% ratio of its student population belonging to the BME group (Black and Minority Ethnic).

There were some 3,000 UK domiciled Undergraduate students whose permanent address or homes were located within the Bradford district last year, equivalent to 36% of all UK domiciled undergraduate students.

I hope this information helps and if you need anything further do get back in touch.

Thank you!
Original post by chocolate hottie
Thank you!

You're welcome. If you need any further information or advice please feel free to get back in touch!
I’m aware the majority of University of Bradford applicants will be receiving offers from us around this time. With this in mind and regardless of which course you’ve applied for or offer you’ve received if you have any concerns, worries or questions about anything at all (relating to University) please feel free to post below or PM me.

Congratulations to everyone that submitted and application and best of luck going forward.
Is there some pdf statistics on religion and ethnicity I could look at?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi. If you want to find out more about the Students' Union there's lots of information at ubuonline.co.uk, fb.com/bradfordsu or twitter.com/bradfordunisu, or ask me any questions here.
Hi just wanted to know whether the average is rounded up when deciding on degree class? My average is 67.66% will it be a 2.1? :s-smilie:
Original post by Smarties112
Hi just wanted to know whether the average is rounded up when deciding on degree class? My average is 67.66% will it be a 2.1? :s-smilie:

Hi smarties112, anything between 60 69% is a 2:1 :smile:
x

Do you guys have a chess society/sports club? Is there anywhere to find them all?

Thanks
Original post by Kill3er
Do you guys have a chess society/sports club? Is there anywhere to find them all?

Thanks

Used to be one back in my first year (11/12) but disbanded due to a lack of interest - setting one up is fairly easy though, all you need to do is fill out a form with details of interested students (so, name and student number).

All the sports and socs are listed here: http://ubuonline.co.uk/sports/
Hello Sam, please can you help me find Charitable Organisations, for Bursary, Scholarship or Grant funding. I will be starting the Business and Management course at UoB in September, but I in the trail for some charitable organisations giving out funds locally and nationally; after reading some article from the Money Saving Expert, Save the Student and others,

I have contacted: UoB, Citizens Advice and Connexions Bradford, but to no avail. I have tried Turn2us, but it doesn't really seem to have proper ones. Sam please help me with this.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Used to be one back in my first year (11/12) but disbanded due to a lack of interest - setting one up is fairly easy though, all you need to do is fill out a form with details of interested students (so, name and student number).

All the sports and socs are listed here: http://ubuonline.co.uk/sports/

Aww, that's a shame. Thanks!
Hi Sam, I was wondering if you could tell me the latest time the a99 management centre bus leaves main campus? It's just that the student union website says 17:30 but the main university site says 16:30. Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
hi, is anyone here going to be a business studies and law student?
I'm confused when is the deadline for applying Clinical science for Bradford? Oct? Jan?
Original post by youngthug97
I'm confused when is the deadline for applying Clinical science for Bradford? Oct? Jan?

I think the deadline is January 15th like other courses but I just sent my UCAS on 15th

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by youngthug97

Hi youngthug97, sorry for the delayed response. The official UCAS deadline is 15th January, however you are welcome to apply any time before this date. If you have any specific concerns or queries relating to the UCAS application cycle or process please do let me know. Good luck!
Original post by sarah263
hi, is anyone here going to be a business studies and law student?

Hi, if you're struggling to find students studying business studies and law you may be better of creating your own thread or looking here -
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=128

If you're still unable to find anyone let me know and I'll help you search TSR :smile: Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending