The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Choosing Applied AI and Data Analytics | Student Blog

Hi, I'm Alkestid and I'm studying for my Master's in Applied Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics here at Bradford. In this blog, I'll share my experience so far and how receiving the Office for Students scholarship has helped me in my studies. 🙌

Alkestid-in-a-classroom.jpg

Choosing Applied AI and Data Analytics
Embarking on the MSc Applied Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics course at the University of Bradford has been more than an academic pursuit for me. It has been a transformative journey filled with opportunities, challenges, and invaluable experiences that have shaped my perspective in ways I could have never imagined.

£10,000 scholarship
One of the pivotal moments in my academic adventure was securing the Office for Students scholarship, a £10,000 grant for under-represented students. Despite the fierce competition, I was fortunate enough to be selected. This scholarship proved to be a lifeline, providing not only financial support but also a vote of confidence in my abilities as a learner from an under-represented background.

Deadline to apply is Monday 22nd January.

The scholarship process
For those curious about the scholarship process, it's remarkably accessible. The criteria, including being a BAME student, an estranged student, hailing from a low socio-economic background, coming from a military family, or being a female student, are clear. A straightforward application, including a form and a personal statement, sets the stage. If selected, an interview follows, and success leads to the well-deserved scholarship.

Summer programmes in Germany and Belgium
Undoubtedly, some of the highlights of my studies have been the enriching summer programs abroad. Two weeks at a university in Hamm, Germany, and another two weeks at a university in Antwerp, Belgium, opened my eyes to the global perspectives in AI and data analytics. These experiences were made possible by the School of Management at the University of Bradford, a testament to their commitment to providing diverse opportunities and unwavering support to their students.

Alkestid-in-Germany-720x480.jpg

Practical experience in research and data analysis
The School of Management not only excelled in broadening my horizons but also in fostering real-world application of knowledge. Through my studies, I secured a three-month placement as a researcher/data analyst for a local NGO and another as a data analyst at the University of Bradford. These hands-on experiences were invaluable, allowing me to apply theoretical concepts to actual scenarios, and enhancing both my technical and analytical skills.

Inclusivity and skill diversity in Applied AI
What sets this course apart is its inclusivity. You don't need a technical background to thrive here; the curriculum is designed to cater to anyone eager to learn. Modules like entrepreneurship, digital marketing, and business leadership complement the core technical aspects, providing a holistic skill set. As someone with a prior Master's in political science, I can attest to the far-reaching impact this degree has had on me.

My reflections
As I reflect on my journey so far, I am profoundly grateful for every opportunity and experience that has come my way. The MSc in Applied AI and Data Analytics at the University of Bradford is more than a degree; it's a transformative voyage that equips you not only with technical prowess but also with a diverse skill set and a global perspective. Here's to the next chapter, fuelled by gratitude, knowledge, and a profound sense of accomplishment.

Alkestid-with-course-mates-720x480.jpg
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending