The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 1
As far as I can tell Lincoln is a very car-unfriendly city. There is a smallish carpark at the uni. I don't know anything about the course you are looking at though.
But are you sure you want to commute?
You will be missing out from alot of the social aspect of uni, and probably will not meet quite as many people as you would in halls... also you shouldn't worry about money as there are loans and funding availiable.

I would seriously reconsider this. A friend of mine from Lincoln moved in with her boyfriend for her first year instead of halls and she always says how much she wishes she hadn't as she feels left out.

But good luck with all your decisions.
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
it would be MUCH cheaper to rent a place than getting on the train 4-5 times a week, also the train times from peterb to newark to lincoln can be a bit inconvenient for early lectures, so you'd be getting in an hour before you needed to be (i've done the route a few times, either get in for ~8.05 or 9.05).

parking is also a *****, going to cost a fortune (car running + pay meters + time) it really is cheaper to rent a place and commute home every few weeks.

i know people who commute to other unis and they really hate it, you're not getting the full uni life and always worrying about transport etc, also what are the rest of your friends doing?

not trying to kill it off completely and it is good you're looking into it all now but you have to really think if travelling 1hr+ in busy traffic each way is going to be worth the effort when you can live on the doorstep?
Reply 3
you will meet a hell of a lot more people if you live at uni... adding to the experience! It's all good... and I concur with all the above posters have said
Reply 4
:rolleyes: i would have to agree with the general consensus above moving to lincoln will deffinatly benifit u.
as for parking on campus dont even bother trying. a few of my mates commute from nottingham n they hate it it makes them exhaused.
good luck
thanks everyone, im glad im finding all this out now before i really have to make the decision and i know that il be missing out a lot socially. if n e one knows n e one doin sports science at lincon please ask them what its like and get back to me!!!

sarah x:smile:
Reply 6
Deleted.
Reply 7
Ive just traveled from uni to lincoln (hometown) and remembered this topic whilst passing peterborough. Even tho it was like 12.00am and in a fast caar i wouldn't recommend it; was far to far and lobarious. (spellings gone) .

Latest