The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE Chemistry May 2015 (14th)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Does any1 have any suggestions abt wat may come in 14 may 2015 chem paper 1 exam......like any general ques.....if so plz tel me l......i'd be really thankful
Reply 21
Original post by rickyb_98
Hey has anyone done any past papers for this exam. If you have can you answer whether there's been a trend of like topics that always come up. Thanks in advance and good luck

sorry for the late reply but I found out that the biology exam we did yesterday was recycled from the june 2012 b2 exam. Now im not saying to rely completely on this fact but maybe try looking at the questions of the june 2012 c2 exam incase they recycle that for the exam.
Reply 22
Original post by jannz
Does any1 have any suggestions abt wat may come in 14 may 2015 chem paper 1 exam......like any general ques.....if so plz tel me l......i'd be really thankful

try looking at the june 2012 c2 paper because for the bio exam they recycled it off the june 2012 b2 paper
Reply 23
Thanks 4 da suggestion
Reply 24
Do any1 think dat fractional distillation process wil come
yes/no, it will be a multiple choice if anything like always. No biggy
Reply 26
Original post by jannz
Do any1 think dat fractional distillation process wil come

Hi! Fractional distillation comes up a lot, I'd suggest making sure you know the order of the fractions, as well as the basic method. Hope this helps!
Reply 27
Okay let's get things straight.

Firstly all countries do the IGCSEs at the same time UK does. If there's a problem with the timezones you get a special regional paper, which the questions will be different.

Secondly study all the sections which have rarely come in past papers. From what I saw from the Biology and Human biology papers was that the questions were quite different. So don't just study some sections. We never know what would come. But do revise the Haber process, Contact process,Hydration of Ethene, blast furnace and cracking. There's a probability which those could be asked either for 3-4 mark question or to know just one detail like for example catalyst used.

Keep calm guys the paper would be fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
For anyone who needs some quick revision notes, use this: http://www.skinnerscience.com/chemistry/Chemistry%20Revision%20Notes%202012.pdf
Original post by fatimah9
can i help u with anything?

Have u wrote this years chemistry paper?
Original post by Natasheep
Teacher reckons blast furnace might come up so am gonna learn the equations and haber process, anything else you guys think will come up tomorrow?

Did your teacher say anything else about what might come up?
Reply 31
Guys does anyone want to join our study group for chemistry? Me and elmosandy thought of doing a revision over PM.
Reply 32
Original post by IGCSEKid
Did your teacher say anything else about what might come up?

any other ideas of wat may come.....😊
Original post by Ijazx1
Guys does anyone want to join our study group for chemistry? Me and elmosandy thought of doing a revision over PM.

Can I join?
Reply 34
Original post by Sorlenix
Can I join?

Sure.
How do I join?
Original post by Ijazx1
Sure.
Original post by biosux
sorry for the late reply but I found out that the biology exam we did yesterday was recycled from the june 2012 b2 exam. Now im not saying to rely completely on this fact but maybe try looking at the questions of the june 2012 c2 exam incase they recycle that for the exam.

What board is this june 2012 c2 Paper?
Original post by biosux

Can you please tell where to find this paper can u paste links of both b2 and c2 papers?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by PalwashaAyubb
Can you please tell where to find this paper can u paste links of both b2 and c2 papers?

Chemistry ----> http://revisionworld.com/gcse-revision/chemistry/past-papers
Biology ------> http://revisionworld.com/gcse-revision/biology/past-papers
Original post by Ijazx1
Okay let's get things straight.

Firstly all countries do the IGCSEs at the same time UK does. If there's a problem with the timezones you get a special regional paper, which the questions will be different.

Secondly study all the sections which have rarely come in past papers. From what I saw from the Biology and Human biology papers was that the questions were quite different. So don't just study some sections. We never know what would come. But do revise the Haber process, Contact process,Hydration of Ethene, blast furnace and cracking. There's a probability which those could be asked either for 3-4 mark question or to know just one detail like for example catalyst used.

Keep calm guys the paper would be fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Totally agree. the contact process is only in paper 2 i think, but im revising everything else on that list

PS "will be fine" hahahaha sure:rolleyes:at least i wont
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending