The Student Room Group

AQA gcse chemistry units 2+3 14th may

Scroll to see replies

All i know is that C3 is going to be a hard exam :/ i am so not prepared for this c3 exam FFFFS
So basically, acids are substances that produce H+ ions when reacted with water. an acid reacted with a metal makes a salt and hydrogen. An acid reacted with a base makes a salt and water. These reactions can be used to make salts. After the reaction the mixture is filtered leaving a solution of the salt which can be collected by evapourating the solution. Hope it helps
Reply 22
Can anyone explain what a lattice is?
When you make insoluble salts the precipitate formed can be filtered and then washed with distilled water and dried
I have heard by a few videos and teacher the predicted 6 marker on unit 3 is the method for titration
Original post by warty_toe
The Harber process is where Nitrogen form the Air is reacted with Hydrogen found as natural gas, to form Ammonia. The reaction commonly takes place at 200 Atmospheres (pressure), 450'C and in the presence of an Iron Catalylst. The ammonia is condensed once reacted to stop it from escaping as a gas.

thank you!!
Lattice is just like a cubic structure of atoms/particles. Ionic lattices contain two types of atoms, positive and negative which have attraction in all direction. Metallic latices are just metal atoms which are arranged in layrs and has delocalised electrons, so the meta are ions not atoms
Reply 27
Original post by SmashedIt
Lattice is just like a cubic structure of atoms/particles. Ionic lattices contain two types of atoms, positive and negative which have attraction in all direction. Metallic latices are just metal atoms which are arranged in layrs and has delocalised electrons, so the meta are ions not atoms

thanks so can a lattice can be made up from ionic and covalent bonds??
Original post by ell57
thanks so can a lattice can be made up from ionic and covalent bonds??

I think so but i think lattices are not only cubic, diamond is a covalent lattice i believe
I think so but i think lattices are not only cubic, diamond is a covalent lattice i believe

A lattice is just a large repeated structure: metals are lattices as well
Original post by jamestg
Sh*ting myself right now. But I'll post what I'm feeling after revision/past papers tonight...

Did some refreshing of content and past papers. Didn't do too well on the past papers - 2 As and 1 low A*...

Getting up at 6am to revise for an extra hour, listening to BBC bitesize audio things on the way to school - hopefully this combined with easy questions will mean I can get an A*!

I'm so nervous still, I don't think I'll sleep much.
Reply 31
Does anyone know how i can plan my revision because it's tomorrow and i don't know what to do!!! :frown:
Found C3 SO much better than C2 although the lack of titration calculations and bond energies was disappointing, can imagine C3 grade boundaries to be VERY high. How did everyone else find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE=LuLu it was so annoying :( but at that it was fine apart from the volatile question hahahha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LuLu<3
Found C3 SO much better than C2 although the lack of titration calculations and bond energies was disappointing, can imagine C3 grade boundaries to be VERY high. How did everyone else find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I honestly though C2 was really easy compared to C3, I struggled a lot with C3!
Original post by emmaalouisee
I honestly though C2 was really easy compared to C3, I struggled a lot with C3!

They were both not the easiest papers in the world... Could be low grade boundaries though!!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by isabellagrace
They were both not the easiest papers in the world... Could be low grade boundaries though!!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I got at least 59/60 at bare minimum. Hoping that was at least 90UMS #bossedit #cheekynandos
When you make insoluble salts the precipitate formed can be filtered and then washed with distilled water and dried

with anal beads

Quick Reply

Latest