The Student Room Group

pencil mistakes lol- maths igcse

Just realised that I used a 2B pencil and not a HB pencil in my maths exam like you were meant to do- I only used this pencil on the graph questions. Will I be penalised for this error, also will 2B come up in the scanning?
Reply 1
Original post by Lola1244
Just realised that I used a 2B pencil and not a HB pencil in my maths exam like you were meant to do- I only used this pencil on the graph questions. Will I be penalised for this error, also will 2B come up in the scanning?

Wait what,,, im sure what pencils you use won't make a difference
doesnt matter....both will show up...How did you find the exam? :s
Reply 3
fingers crossed! just been hearing stories on here that people didnt get the exam marked because they wrote with a different pencil!!! nearly died... and yeah it was so much harder than the past papers i mean where was the easy calculator q!! if i havent got the graph marks i would be seriously worried
Reply 4

Oh no! the 2B pencil is "unpermitted material"- you can get DQed from all your gcses for doing that:eek:

Yes im only joking.
Reply 5
But apparently it doesn't show up on the scanner- that's all I've been told
Reply 6
But apparently it doesn't show up on the scanner- that's all I've been told

but isnt 2b darker than HB?
Reply 7
yeah but it also smudges?? to be honest I think it will be fine- I hope!!
Reply 8
No but it is thicker and softer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by sandvika
No but it is thicker and softer

Posted from TSR Mobile

what do you mean no??

Are you like one of those people who gets depressed when you get 99/100 ? Lol joking , you will not get penalised , they will deliver the physical copy of your paper to an examiner.
Might not scan too well, as HB is harder, where as 2B is a soft, sketching pencil.

Wouldn't worry too much. I usually draw in pencil first, and then go over it in pen.

Skips :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by CplSkippy
Might not scan too well, as HB is harder, where as 2B is a soft, sketching pencil.

Wouldn't worry too much. I usually draw in pencil first, and then go over it in pen.

Skips :smile:

Okay thanks a lot!Just have to forget about it now

Quick Reply

Latest