The Student Room Group

Factual error in a uni essay

I looked back at my essay and found there is a slight mistake in the description of the passage so for example I said something like " A pencil is made from steel and is used for writing" but this statement describes the pencil in a wrong way but describes its mechanism properly. Do you think this mistake/error will impact my essay as aw whole?
Original post by Anonymous #1
I looked back at my essay and found there is a slight mistake in the description of the passage so for example I said something like " A pencil is made from steel and is used for writing" but this statement describes the pencil in a wrong way but describes its mechanism properly. Do you think this mistake/error will impact my essay as aw whole?

Hi there,

I think with not much context as to what you have written, your stage at university (first year, second or final), what the topic is about etc. it is quite hard for us on TSR to give you a yes or no.

When you do get feedback for this assignment and if it has not been pointed out you can approach the marker or an advisor/tutor about it for reassurance.

I hope this helps even though it probably is not the answer you were probably looking for.

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep
Reply 2
If it was me, I'd just have a comment along the lines of 'are you sure?' and it wouldn't really affect anything in isolation. The only time it could affect things is if you built on the mistake to make further mistaken points.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending