The Student Room Group

Pen or pencil???

Hi, for the real gcse exams am I meant to use black ink pen even for diagrams etc.

for example in computer science if I am drawing a logic gate etc.
Reply 1
Original post by English_Warrior
Hi, for the real gcse exams am I meant to use black ink pen even for diagrams etc.

for example in computer science if I am drawing a logic gate etc.

You’re supposed to use black pen yes (doesn’t have to be an ink pen per se).
I can’t speak for computer science but for things like graphs in maths and sciences (since you’d usually use pencil) I brought a pencil and rubber, did it initially in pencil so it could be corrected and went over it in black biro when I was sure of it.
Hope this helps and best of luck!
Black pen for text
Pencil for diagrams and graphs
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
Black pen for text
Pencil for diagrams and graphs

oh ok so i can use a pencil for thinks like diagrams??
Reply 4

I just know that when doing GCSEs last year I was told to use it for everything (scanning reasons) so I’d recommend going over with pen to be safe.
When scanning things like graph paper so GCSEs can be marked, pencil doesn’t always show up very well so it’s safer to go over it with black pen.
(edited 12 months ago)
Original post by squiddy135
I just know that when doing GCSEs last year I was told to use it for everything (scanning reasons) so I’d recommend going over with pen to be safe.
When scanning things like graph paper so GCSEs can be marked, pencil doesn’t always show up very well so it’s safer to go over it with black pen.

ye ok I'll probably do that, thank you!

My kids used pencil for igcse comp sci last summer (for logic gates), so yes, it's perfectly fine. Press on hard if you're worried, but pencil is fine.

Quick Reply

Latest