The Student Room Group

International IGCSE and A-levels

Last year, I had done my GCSE's in England and passed everything, but my grades were average and mediocre. Since then, I had moved to Kenya and am now doing Cambridge IGCSE's and my exams are scheduled for Oct-Nov.

I plan to return to England to do my A-levels (and plan to take maths, further maths, and physics), and I am wondering if the sixth form's in England accept IGCSE's. Would they look at the GCSE results I had taken in England instead of my IGCSE results? Additionally, I'm 17, would my age be an issue if I were to start Year 12 with a bunch of 16 year olds?

Thank you for reading my post, I just really want to know since I dont plan on staying in this country for too long and miss the UK LOL
Original post by nayeonieee
Last year, I had done my GCSE's in England and passed everything, but my grades were average and mediocre. Since then, I had moved to Kenya and am now doing Cambridge IGCSE's and my exams are scheduled for Oct-Nov.

I plan to return to England to do my A-levels (and plan to take maths, further maths, and physics), and I am wondering if the sixth form's in England accept IGCSE's. Would they look at the GCSE results I had taken in England instead of my IGCSE results? Additionally, I'm 17, would my age be an issue if I were to start Year 12 with a bunch of 16 year olds?

Thank you for reading my post, I just really want to know since I dont plan on staying in this country for too long and miss the UK LOL
No, it's not an issue to be 17 and studying in year 12! It's prevalent in my boarding school in the UK, where even some 16-year-olds are studying with people in year 10. And don't worry about your age being a burden - I'm sure you'll be fine and accepted into the community no matter what!
I'm not sure which results they'll look at - but they'll probably at least notice both.

I hope where you end up will lead you to satisfaction and happiness - good luck with sixth form!
Reply 2
tysm and i'm glad my age wont be an issue for when I join yr12 LOL

Quick Reply

Latest