The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry Unit 1 Exam (9th June) [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Scroll to see replies

How fortunate! What questions do appear in Chemistry? Please do tell.
They are probably past papers.
Reply 22
lost my cgp revision guide, anyone got the code on the inside of the front cover they could send me so that i can use the online version? cheers.
Original post by hi2828
haven't even started revising yet. going to revise all weekend and Monday. am I screwed already or do I have enough time..?

Nah I'm the same haha 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="Charliegreene;56652779"]
Original post by Lucyylulu
So scared! Does anyone know the electrode thing about negative attracting to positive? I always get confused with that and I've read over my revision guide and still don't understand it.

Thanks a lot :smile:

Positive ions go to to the negative electrode and negative ions to the positive electrode, look at your data sheet to see if the ions are positive or negative

Thank you!
What's on it then? And what's the 6 mark questions?
watch Finding Nemo
What if they just made the b1 paper hard to get everyone scared and revising irrelevant stuff for C1 but then the paper turns out to be extremely easy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Original post by JesseW182
What if they just made the b1 paper hard to get everyone scared and revising irrelevant stuff for C1 but then the paper turns out to be extremely easy

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought the B1 paper was pretty good!
Right, I've been digging around online and this is what I've come up with:
Atomic Structure -> always on
Burning fossil fuels acid rain corrosion etc
Balancing equations
Structure of the earth (easy for people who have done geography :smile:) and continental drift evidence Hydration
Limestone in general lol

Possible 6 Markers:
Ethanol production
Early atmosphere
Building materials (limestone, cement etc)

And don't forget to look over 2012's paper! AQA this year have almost duplicated the paper from three years ago for each exam of theirs I've taken.
Any revision techniques recommended for the Chemistry Exam?
Original post by JesseW182

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's being called cocky But if it means I can get my A* then fair enough!

:tongue:
Limestone is my least favourite topic. We've spent so long on it in school yet I don't remember anything about it XD all I know is that Calcium carbonate is CaCO3 :biggrin:
Reply 33
What's on the chemistry paper ? Unit 1
Original post by saad65

the whole paper was maths, I thought aqa got confused between a maths and a biology paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JG12333
lost my cgp revision guide, anyone got the code on the inside of the front cover they could send me so that i can use the online version? cheers.

Sorry, but each code only works once for each person, so if I give it then I can't use the online version myself :smile:
What is wrong with AQA and their questions?
B1... God...
Original post by saad65

How exactly was it 'pretty good'?
How long did you revise for?
Which questions were deemed easy in your opinion?
Original post by JG12333

Here 2190 9014 3013 7794

Ill be binning my guide after tuesday

I threw my bio book away yesterday
Original post by inachigeek21
How exactly was it 'pretty good'?
How long did you revise for?
Which questions were deemed easy in your opinion?

Dude i revised biology in feb/march and i made notes on all of it from the CGP guide and memorised everything

it got to a point where i could leave it for a week and id still recall it.

I did the june 2013 paper on thursdday night and i got a B 6 marks off an A.

Let me tell you something.the last time i went oved the b1 content in my head was last sunday/monday i think....

but after getting that B i just went to sleep and what can i say IT WAS EASIEST EXAM EVER out of 14 which i have done so far.

But the only bummer was that i missed out 3 questions a total of 6 marks

But since the paper was easy the boundaries will be harsher
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending