The Student Room Group

Teach First 2016 Cohort!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by T ankin
How did it go? 😊

It went great thank you, I was accepted to teach English, which was what I wanted! Just doing my CKA now! :smile:
Reply 341
Original post by luce2210
It went great thank you, I was accepted to teach English, which was what I wanted! Just doing my CKA now! :smile:

That's fantastic, congratulations. I submitted mine about three weeks ago so I'm just waiting for that to be marked.
Original post by T ankin
That's fantastic, congratulations. I submitted mine about three weeks ago so I'm just waiting for that to be marked.

Just gone on to the site to submit it and it says the site is down for maintenance until Monday! My CKA was due by tomorrow (10 days after my offer was given), anyone know if this will be a problem?! :confused::confused:
Reply 343
Just gone on to the site to submit it and it says the site is down for maintenance until Monday! My CKA was due by tomorrow (10 days after my offer was given), anyone know if this will be a problem?! :confused::confused:

Yeah it's down for maintenance. Just submit it when you can and then email them.
Original post by T ankin
Yeah it's down for maintenance. Just submit it when you can and then email them.

I'll submit it as soon as I can on Monday then! I've already sent them an email checking that it would be okay but not sure if they'll get back to me!
Anyone that's already completed their CKA, what kind of things did you put in your action plan? I'm struggling to fill 500 words and a little unsure about what kind of things I should be talking about!
Reply 346
Anyone that's already completed their CKA, what kind of things did you put in your action plan? I'm struggling to fill 500 words and a little unsure about what kind of things I should be talking about!

I was the other way round. I had to cut down the words. I used the three sections they noted as templates and applied them to the three areas that they mentioned in the brief. Write a timeline if that helps.
Reply 347
Hello, I have my assessment day in a few days and was wondering if anyone could give advice on the sample lesson? I'm quite nervous as I just don't know what to expect, especially with all the mixed reviews! Is it really difficult to get anything taught and do you automatically fail if you don't use up all the time or get stopped when unfinished. I know it's all about planning and preparation but I have no idea just how distracting the assessors will be....Thank you!
Hi all,

I am contemplating applying for teach first for the cohort starting next summer. However, one of my main issues is the relocation issue. Due to family circumstances ideally I would like to remain in South Yorkshire. I know the programme requires you to possibly relocated, I was just wonder ing what are the chances of this? I'm going to put my preferential area to South Yorkshire, however, this issue is a big stumbling block when deciding for me!

Thanks in advance
Reply 349
Hey, I've been invited to an assessment day this September. Please could someone tell me how long the assessment day lasts... what time does it roughly finish? Thank you!
Hi
I sent my Teach First application in yesterday, I'm a little late in applying so very nervous about my chances of being offered a place. How long roughly did people wait to hear if they were accepted onto the assessment centre or not?
Reply 351
Original post by Kendal306
Hi
I sent my Teach First application in yesterday, I'm a little late in applying so very nervous about my chances of being offered a place. How long roughly did people wait to hear if they were accepted onto the assessment centre or not?

The turnaround for everything for me was fairly quick! They're really good at responding to emails too, so if your worried maybe try contacting?
Original post by A409
The turnaround for everything for me was fairly quick! They're really good at responding to emails too, so if your worried maybe try contacting?

Hi
Thank you. I only sent it off on friday so I will give it a couple of days before I worry too much x
Reply 353
I had my assessment centre yesterday and I've been accepted to secondary history for the 2017 cohort and I'm really excited. Does anyone know when the SI normally starts?
Reply 354
Hi guys, I recently started a discussion about negative experiences of the teach first recruitment process. Please respond to my thread- I am really interested to know if anyone has had a similar experience!

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4417884
Hey - Had my assessment on the 4th of Jan 2017. How long does it usually take to hear back?
Original post by Maxcat123
Hey - Had my assessment on the 4th of Jan 2017. How long does it usually take to hear back?

I heard back yesterday.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending