Scroll to see replies

Original post by hyunan
What regions has everyone put top?

north west
Reply 81
North west
Original post by hyunan
What regions has everyone put top?

London. Will be gutted if I don't get it.

Does anyone know when we're likely to find out?

I accepted an offer last September and the wait is starting to get really frustrating now!!!
Reply 83
Original post by orrrange3
London. Will be gutted if I don't get it.

Does anyone know when we're likely to find out?

I accepted an offer last September and the wait is starting to get really frustrating now!!!

I've put Wales! Oh wow that is a long wait! Someone said October so I hope it is!
Reply 84
Hi! I've got my assessment centre day on the 3rd too. Very nervous. Do you have your lesson titles yet?
Reply 85
Original post by naila.n
Hi Hello!

It is so lovely to hear that someone else on here has it then too!
If you don't mind can I ask whether you have received your lesson titles yet? I'm still waiting...each passing day makes me more anxious!
oh and what you are hoping to teach?

Hi sorry about the late reply but I have not been very well but I got mine on Wednesday ☺️
Reply 86
Original post by Syma123
Hi sorry about the late reply but I have not been very well but I got mine on Wednesday ☺️

Oh no, get well soon :smile:
I got mine on Wednesday too.
Original post by hyunan
I've put Wales! Oh wow that is a long wait! Someone said October so I hope it is!

Last year's were October the 31st.

I've just spoken to a graduate recruitment officer who said they won't be until November! :frown:
I have my assessment day on Thursday. I am so nervous! I'm really worried about the sample lesson - does anyone have any advice on the best way to approach it?
Original post by KatieJane66
I have my assessment day on Thursday. I am so nervous! I'm really worried about the sample lesson - does anyone have any advice on the best way to approach it?

My assessment day is on Wednesday, so good luck for Thursday!

As far as the lesson, I'm following a very simple "1 minute starter, 5 minute main, 1 minute plenary" plan. I'm doing a primary lesson, so the 1 minute is getting them to work as a pair to come up with ways they think they could use the topic. The 5 minutes is split into a 3 minute teacher-led discussion and examples on the board, and a 2 minute activity for them to do (just working in pairs and then as individuals, have a go at these, I don't have worksheets or anything). I've tried not to plan too much for that part, I want to be able to extend it out or shorten it as needed. The last minute is a quick fire round about what they've learned, and then a "show me on your fingers how well you think you've understood this, 10 fingers means you're super confident!"

I have no idea if it's the right way to do it, maybe worksheets would be a better idea, but I think I'll be more confident this way. So long as I don't freeze up and have to wing the whole thing!
Reply 90
Hi everyone!

Is the only assessment centre in London? I just sent my application away but really unsure how I'm going to get time off work at such short notice to travel down! I need to give quite a lot of notice and it seems it's only about a week notice you are all having!
Reply 91
Yeah they only have assessments In London. Means it's so expensive for those travelling far away. You can rearrange your date though so maybe try ask for one in a few weeks time
Do you guys ever apply direct to Academy Trusts offering Schools Direct? Or do you just use Teach First? For example, I know Wickersley Partnership Trust in South Yorkshire run Schools Direct and as well as year-on-year intake they will let you sign up for recruitment notifications and will contact you directly when they have a vacancy in your subject.
Hello guys,

I'm a brand manager for TF on campus (newly appointed) but am a bit confused by the Leadership Development Scheme, I am quite interested in applying- but on the website it states If I'm penultimate year I can apply now and defer my place? I'm going into my second year in about three weeks, so does that mean I can apply after those three weeks or now?

Also, it seems quite early for me to be applying (brand managers are fast tracked to the assessment stage)- assuming I get in, how does that work? I wouldn't have my degree classification or anything- is it like a conditional offer?
Original post by weirdnessandcoffee
Hello guys,

I'm a brand manager for TF on campus (newly appointed) but am a bit confused by the Leadership Development Scheme, I am quite interested in applying- but on the website it states If I'm penultimate year I can apply now and defer my place? I'm going into my second year in about three weeks, so does that mean I can apply after those three weeks or now?

Also, it seems quite early for me to be applying (brand managers are fast tracked to the assessment stage)- assuming I get in, how does that work? I wouldn't have my degree classification or anything- is it like a conditional offer?

Hi yes you can. I was made an offer this time last year (during the summer after my first year).

The offer is conditional more or less until you get your classification, but you can definitely apply now. Good luck!
Original post by orrrange3
Hi yes you can. I was made an offer this time last year (during the summer after my first year).

The offer is conditional more or less until you get your classification, but you can definitely apply now. Good luck!

Unfortunately, I got a 2.2 in my first year due to extenuating circumstances- do they make an offer based on what you currently have?
Original post by weirdnessandcoffee
Unfortunately, I got a 2.2 in my first year due to extenuating circumstances- do they make an offer based on what you currently have?

Nope, they ask for your predicted grades for your 2nd and 3rd year. Also, you can write in your extenuating circumstances in the the application form.
Reply 97
Original post by Katerho
Hi everyone!

Is the only assessment centre in London? I just sent my application away but really unsure how I'm going to get time off work at such short notice to travel down! I need to give quite a lot of notice and it seems it's only about a week notice you are all having!

Hi there! I think the only assessment centre is in London, yes. You do get more than a week's notice though. I found out about my assessment day (which is on 24th September) a couple of weeks ago so that gives quite a bit of time to get it off work. It's just that you don't get the lesson topics until a week before :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got called by TF. They've offered me a place. Can't believe it. Anyone else heard back yet?
Reply 99
Original post by hyenas.ma
Just got called by TF. They've offered me a place. Can't believe it. Anyone else heard back yet?

Congratulations! That's so exciting! What have you been accepted to teach?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending