The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
IZZY!
by th way i have just written a new letter to the admission officer of CRGS,stating i WANT AN APPLICATION FORM SENT TO MY HOUSE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol

lol they are so slow and docile at times, its terrifying ;p
Reply 41
dazzyaa911
lol they are so slow and docile at times, its terrifying ;p

lol, maybe, maybe they dont care about one 15 years old kid applying for a place in 6th form,lol
Reply 42
IZZY!
lol, maybe, maybe they dont care about one 15 years old kid applying for a place in 6th form,lol

thats the trouble, the best thing to do is just go to the open day and start talking to some of them and be friendly :tongue:
Reply 43
dazzyaa911
thats the trouble, the best thing to do is just go to the open day and start talking to some of them and be friendly :tongue:

OK i think I will if they dont send me an application form,lol
Reply 44
IZZY!
HI,ppl,

I am really confused and I need advise and your opinion.
I am currently finishing my year 10. IN addition I am thinking of going into medical skool in the future, but b4 I have to do my A-levels. I dunno where I can do them perfectly as the school where I am currently studying is crappy even in its GCSEs results. I am thinking of getting 6A*s and some As and 2Bs.I would like to apply for a place of 6th form in some grammar state skools, which have fantastic A-level results. Do u think my GCSE grades would be enough to apply for a grammar school such as Colchester Royal Grammar School, as this skool is 3rd in league tables with its A-levels. If yes could u tell me when it is worth applying, i mean when I get my GCse results or in the beginning of year 11?

thank you very much~

you dont know if you dont try!
Reply 45
IZZY!
OK i think I will if they dont send me an application form,lol

i wish you best of luck........... remmeber the competition is tough
Reply 46
charlord
you dont know if you dont try!

lol, i try and i try hard, i ve sent tons of e-mails to the admission officer of CRGS.
Reply 47
IZZY!
lol, i try and i try hard, i ve sent tons of e-mails to the admission officer of CRGS.

lmao thats hilarious, keep bombing them with emails, i'm sure they won't mind
Reply 48
dazzyaa911
i wish you best of luck........... remmeber the competition is tough

tnx i no, thats y i am worried even now even thought I am in year 10
Reply 49
dazzyaa911
lmao thats hilarious, keep bombing them with emails, i'm sure they won't mind

lol, i will keep bombing until they block my e-mail lol.kidding.
Reply 50
IZZY!
tnx i no, thats y i am worried even now even thought I am in year 10

hey izzy, nice to hear ur story i lived in colchester for 10 yrs and was about to go to that grammar but i went to a totally different one but its still as good and i think it ranked higher in gcse or summit
neway i just wanted to say don't sweat it, if indeed u will get the grades u said u shud have no problem in getting in. The only issue would be the distance and the money.
But I would recommend that you dont go there just for the repuation. You can get a brilliant education anywhere and even if ur going for a medical course at uni they dont care where you went as long as you get good a-levels. Remember that quite a few ppl who do medicine at places like oxford/cambridge came from normal 6th forms that werent private or had fees etc.

For now focus on ur gcses and get good grades. :smile:
Reply 51
urbane
hey izzy, nice to hear ur story i lived in colchester for 10 yrs and was about to go to that grammar but i went to a totally different one but its still as good and i think it ranked higher in gcse or summit
neway i just wanted to say don't sweat it, if indeed u will get the grades u said u shud have no problem in getting in. The only issue would be the distance and the money.
But I would recommend that you dont go there just for the repuation. You can get a brilliant education anywhere and even if ur going for a medical course at uni they dont care where you went as long as you get good a-levels. Remember that quite a few ppl who do medicine at places like oxford/cambridge came from normal 6th forms that werent private or had fees etc.

For now focus on ur gcses and get good grades. :smile:

tnx for advise. i have considered everything wat u said.
firstly in my borough there is no any good skool wiv quite good normal 6th form and the education at colchester royal grammar school is free. I will only have to pay for boadring, which is 2 expensive, but i dont have a choice, as I am EU citizen, who was a resident of uk for 3 years and living without parent, only wiv sis. my parents r in my country.
Reply 52
by the way, dazzyyaa 911,
lust out of interest, could u tell me which gcse grades did u get?
Reply 53
urbane
Remember that quite a few ppl who do medicine at places like oxford/cambridge came from normal 6th forms that werent private or had fees etc.

*whistles innocously*.. :wink:

apply by all means, but i think when it comes to A levels people can probably do well enough anywhere.

oh & it's probably a good time for you to start looking into (or continuing, i don't know!) work/voluntary experience if you want to apply to medicine.

& i wouldn't recommend trying to piss of admin staff you get yourself noticed.
Reply 54
IZZY!
by the way, dazzyyaa 911,
lust out of interest, could u tell me which gcse grades did u get?

10 A's
Reply 55
dazzyaa911
10 A's

10 A*s or 10 As?????
Reply 56
IZZY!
10 A*s or 10 As?????

just straight A's
Reply 57
dazzyaa911
just straight A's