The Student Room Group

Who else got a U in OCR Chemistry? (Either A or B)

I'm gutted, angry, upset and just argggggggghhhhhhhh....

Chemistry was my favourite subject, and I got a U, I wanted to pursue it at Uni. The F321 exam was awful, but I thought I did a lot better in the F322.. Obviously not.

I revised really hard, doing each past paper at least 2 or 3 times.

I wish I worked a bit harder earlier in the year, but.. COME ON!

Anyone else p***ed off?

I'm getting a remark, just.. For the last shred of hope.
I got an A in ocr chemistry
It'll probably be best for you to resit the exams and practicals.
Start revising from september
If you don't due 'Machemguy' on youtube, he is very helpful for ocr chemistry
Also buy the Revise Chemistry OCR book online, that is helpful aswell
F321 was bae i got a B in it. Two mark away from an A
F322 got a D going to resit it next year :yep:
Overall i got a C though
I got an A in OCR Chemistry but I agree, F322 wasn't a nice paper. I got a surprisingly low score in F322 so you're not alone :h:
Original post by thechemistress
I got an A in OCR Chemistry but I agree, F322 wasn't a nice paper. I got a surprisingly low score in F322 so you're not alone :h:
o
F322 was less weird than the first paper, I found
Although the last page was hard, the rest of the paper was easier than F321
Original post by tcameron
o
F322 was less weird than the first paper, I found
Although the last page was hard, the rest of the paper was easier than F321

No, exactly, I found F322 easier. And then I get a much lower score in it that F321? It makes no sense, wtf?
Got a C overall
Resitting tho
Chemistry A

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Guy in my class who got A's all year got a D. A lot of people got E's and U's. Don't panic - email teachers - and make a plan. If you can resit and do A2 go for it. Another guy in my class got an U last year - resat and got a high B this year. 2 UMS off an A i believe.
Reply 8
I think alot of people got grades that they werent expecting this year. its really sad when people try to get the best possible grade but then somehow dont manage to get the grades they want.
I was expecting a D and got a B lol and was predicted a C

I think a lot of people got unexpected grades

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students in our college who were getting full marks all year, got 300 UMS, those who were just scraping an A grade got UMS closer to 240. The exams seemed very reliable to me. Perhaps, if you only got a U, then your school/college was giving you a false impression of your abilities.
Reply 11
I got an E overall in as chemistry, but on the practical for some reason it says 0 and has an X next to it despite my teacher marking my practicals and giving me a mark of 32/40. So what does this mean? I thought it could be that my teacher forgot to send of my practical for moderation.

Quick Reply

Latest