The Student Room Group

Confused about my results compared to the grade boundaries?!

I received my results and came out with 2 As, 3 Bs and 4 Cs. One of my Bs was in English Lit however according to AQA grade boundaries I should have gotten an A*?? I'm not sure if I'm just looking at the boundaries wrong or maybe I just don't know how the marking works?

I got 59 marks in English Lit Unit 1H, to achieve an A*, however, you needed to get 53 marks? This doesn't make sense to me!!!!

Then on English Lit Unit 2H, I got 50 marks but to get an A* I had to get 39?

I would REALLY REALLY appreciate if someone explained this to me! Thankyou!!
Reply 1
Original post by tajkaurr
I received my results and came out with 2 As, 3 Bs and 4 Cs. One of my Bs was in English Lit however according to AQA grade boundaries I should have gotten an A*?? I'm not sure if I'm just looking at the boundaries wrong or maybe I just don't know how the marking works?

I got 59 marks in English Lit Unit 1H, to achieve an A*, however, you needed to get 53 marks? This doesn't make sense to me!!!!

Then on English Lit Unit 2H, I got 50 marks but to get an A* I had to get 39?

I would REALLY REALLY appreciate if someone explained this to me! Thankyou!!

You may find that the 'mark' you interpreted on your results sheet is in fact your UMS score. They don't include individual marks on your results sheets otherwise that would defeat the whole purpose of converting them into UMS!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest