The Student Room Group

International Baccalaureate Results Day 5th/6th July 2023 chat thread

IB Results Day (5th/6th July 2023) - Chat Thread

IB results day is coming around so it's time for our yearly Post Your Results thread.:bl:
You can use this thread to let us know how you get on, to meet future course-mates and celebrate your achievements! :woohoo:

Results day can be an overwhelming time. Need help understanding your results? Check out our IB FAQ.

In the meantime - introduce yourself! Here are some icebreakers:
What subjects are you taking?
What are your predicted grades and what grades are you aiming for?
What are you hoping to do after school?
If you're going to university - what are your firm/insurance offers?
How are you feeling about results day?

Good luck!
(edited 9 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Tagging in people we believe are taking IB and might be collecting their results over the next few days :smile:

IB

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

[quote= pangolin [excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace]]x
170 Pangolin
x

x

x

x

x

x

x

948 Patrick
x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

[quote= Polly[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace]]x
x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

17 Scrypte
x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

234 Yh yh
x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

Good luck all!
Reply 4
Good Luck Guys!
Good luck and I hope we meet our offer requirements :smile:
Reply 6
Results Day +2 ... What are my thoughts? As expected, IBO's aim to remove grade inflation reverting to pre-pandemic levels has been achieved. The results this year have unfortunately caused a few of my friends to miss their UK university conditions. Some are 1-point near misses whilst others by a larger margin. The near-misses are for HLs asking for min of 766 (missing the 7). I have the impression that this is more widespread than just my school alone, which can possibly explain why many IB students still have not received their UCAS Track update confirming their places at their firm choices. I hope the universities will be more compassionate/lenient and confirm their offers over the next few days.

Comparing the grade boundaries to get a 7 for each of my subjects, you will see that the M23 grade boundaries are NOT worse than nor equal to M19's. IBO has actually not been horrible to my cohort in this regard.

Screenshot 2023-07-08 at 2.00.29 PM.png

NB: using the M19 grade boundaries, I would still have achieved the exact same IB score.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 7
disappointed with the results as are many others - not sure if its school specific... but actual versus predicted grades were 5 points lower overall (was the school using COVID years boundaries?). Not every location has had the same post Covid freedom (I believe where I am we had one of the longest and most restrictive policies). I've got two subjects where I am 2 marks off - considering getting them remarked with the hope of getting closer to my predicted.
Original post by physio23
disappointed with the results as are many others - not sure if its school specific... but actual versus predicted grades were 5 points lower overall (was the school using COVID years boundaries?). Not every location has had the same post Covid freedom (I believe where I am we had one of the longest and most restrictive policies). I've got two subjects where I am 2 marks off - considering getting them remarked with the hope of getting closer to my predicted.

Best of luck for the remarks! Did you manage to meet your conditional offer?
Reply 9
Original post by IBkidinthecorner
Best of luck for the remarks! Did you manage to meet your conditional offer?

Yes... Just!
Original post by physio23
Yes... Just!

Oh good, that takes the pressure off then. Good luck for the remarks though :smile:
Hi...
I was offered 37 total points, with 666 at higher level subjects to study law in England.
I achieved 38 total points, with 775 at higher level subjects.

Will the University still accept my grades or are they strict with the 5 and I may be rejected? Thanks....
Original post by Anthony.John
Hi...
I was offered 37 total points, with 666 at higher level subjects to study law in England.

Will the University still accept my grades or are they strict with the 5 and I may be rejected? Thanks....

You will need to phone up your university on Monday to speak to Admissions. It is a case by case consideration.
Original post by BubblesBB
You will need to phone up your university on Monday to speak to Admissions. It is a case by case consideration.

Yes... Thank you..
Original post by Anthony.John
Hi...

Have you spoken to your IB coordinator? They might be able to help liaise on your behalf
Reply 15
This is quite incomprehensible. UCAS should have already gotten my results, and now my uni is saying they gotta wait until 17th august to confirm my offer, I literally got my grades, and they should have already been sent! Sorry if this comes off as too angry.
Original post by bluzzo
This is quite incomprehensible. UCAS should have already gotten my results, and now my uni is saying they gotta wait until 17th august to confirm my offer, I literally got my grades, and they should have already been sent! Sorry if this comes off as too angry.

This is very strange. That is an awful long wait. Are you an international student? If you are, you will need your CAS to apply for student visa. 17th Aug would be kinda late.
Reply 17
Original post by BubblesBB
This is very strange. That is an awful long wait. Are you an international student? If you are, you will need your CAS to apply for student visa. 17th Aug would be kinda late.

I know, i have emailed admissions, hope they reply me soon. I don't think this makes sense at all.
Original post by bluzzo
I know, i have emailed admissions, hope they reply me soon. I don't think this makes sense at all.

I am in the same situation.. I have met the math criteria for my Uni but not the overall required grade. I was told I would get an answer by August 17... I am very upset. It is unfair as I cannot move into clearing.
Reply 19
Original post by bluzzo

Same here! I'm also stuck with the CAS procedure as they are asking for the original diploma and transcripts which I do not obviously have,as the IB will send the diploma at the end of August and the uni should already have the transcripts.Still haven't had any confirmation of my conditional offer although I met all the requirements...but the deposit has been already paid.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending