The Student Room Group

AQA A-Level Physics grade boundaries 2023

How did everyone found the 3 papers.

I found them horrible.

Do you think the grade boundaries will be lower than 2022
Reply 1
lolll this years papers were a joke all the past papers were easier. I hope they're lower than last year:frown:
Reply 2
Same here but I think this does seem to be the general consensus? Last year they were graded on a nicer curve but their exams were easier and they had advance info so I’m hoping the bounds are really low haha
Reply 3
Original post by vortex13
Same here but I think this does seem to be the general consensus? Last year they were graded on a nicer curve but their exams were easier and they had advance info so I’m hoping the bounds are really low haha

This is what confused me about the boundaries. Given that they got advanced info how were the boundaries so low? Like the grades were inflated ofc but even then it still doesn’t make sense. Like 2019 was the only other anomaly but I don’t see any major reason why they were higher then compared to 2017/18.
Grading will go back to pre-pandemic levels but I'm not sure about grade boundaries. You won't know the grade boundaries until results day anyway like in any other year.
Reply 5
Original post by si420
This is what confused me about the boundaries. Given that they got advanced info how were the boundaries so low? Like the grades were inflated ofc but even then it still doesn’t make sense. Like 2019 was the only other anomaly but I don’t see any major reason why they were higher then compared to 2017/18.

I think it’s because they had a harder exam last year compared to pre pandemic that’s what my teacher said
And that in 2019 it was a weird paper so definitely an anomaly and that people thought that was easy at the time of sitting it
Physics gives me so much stress tho because I need an A to get into uni and after that exam I’m not sure even though I was getting solid As/A*s on past papers
Reply 6
I think it’s because they had a harder exam last year compared to pre pandemic that’s what my teacher said
And that in 2019 it was a weird paper so definitely an anomaly and that people thought that was easy at the time of sitting it
Physics gives me so much stress tho because I need an A to get into uni and after that exam I’m not sure even though I was getting solid As/A*s on past papers

I guess a lot of people feel like that and I’m just praying that the grade boundaries are appropriately adjusted and we’re all positively surprised. Maybe the test feels like it went worse than it did, in my mind I feel like I was not confident with a lot of my answers like I would be in a normal paper, but hopefully that doesn’t mean I answered it completely wrong. If the test was a bit better I guess it would be less stressful in the interim but if I get what I need I can’t complain.
Reply 7

real

Quick Reply

Latest