Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys..

So I got my GCSE results recently and I got 1a^ , 2a*, 6As, 3Bs, and 1C ( will hopefully turn to an A next month as my teacher didn't give in my coursework for some bizarre reason... and he left our school this year >_>)..

But anyway, I did double science as my school was short for time to do the unit 3 modules. I got an A in additional science with 90 UMS in C2, and a C in core science (88UMS in C1) as my teacher didn't give my coursework in, it should be changed next month). I also got an A in maths GCSE which i took in year 8, an A in statistics, an A^ in further maths (its like a grade higher than an A* or something). I did like revising for chemistry and I was wondering if anyone could share how they felt about taking chemistry for AS (not too sure about A2), I would like to take it but I'm not too sure at the moment.. The A levels i've chosen currently are:

Maths
    Further Maths
    Economics
    Computing

I'm hoping to swap economics with chemistry if I see that I could be able to do it.

... and before you say it, I have looked at other threads >_>

THANKS IN ADVANCE

ReputationRep:
    you may find it tricky like I did (got a B at GCSE) but with the right support I went on to acheive a B at AS- give it a go and if it goes tits up just drop it as basically no courses car about your dropped AS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarunH1)
    Hey guys..

So I got my GCSE results recently and I got 1a^ , 2a*, 6As, 3Bs, and 1C ( will hopefully turn to an A next month as my teacher didn't give in my coursework for some bizarre reason... and he left our school this year >_>..

But anyway, I did double science as my school was short for time to do the unit 3 modules. I got an A in additional science with 90 UMS in C2, and a C in core science (88UMS in C1) as my teacher didn't give my coursework in, it should be changed next month). I also got an A in maths GCSE which i took in year 8, an A in statistics, an A^ in further maths (its like a grade higher than an A* or something). I did like revising for chemistry and I was wondering if anyone could share how they felt about taking chemistry for AS (not too sure about A2), I would like to take it but I'm not too sure at the moment.. The A levels i've chosen currently are:

Maths
    Further Maths
    Economics
    Computing

I'm hoping to swap economics with chemistry if I see that I could be able to do it.

... and before you say it, I have looked at other threads >_>

THANKS IN ADVANCE
    I got an A* in additional science and a B in core science, and ended up with an A at A2 in chemistry. It can be done, and i think it would help mix all your subjects bit, maths along with economics can be a bit dry (in my opinion). I loved chemistry, i would totally recommend it, it has a completely different feel than GCSE chemistry, one that i liked, which showed through in my grade

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.