The Student Room Group

Would chemistry be a good A level for me?

Hey guys..

So I got my GCSE results recently and I got 1a^ , 2a*, 6As, 3Bs, and 1C ( will hopefully turn to an A next month as my teacher didn't give in my coursework for some bizarre reason... and he left our school this year >_>)..

But anyway, I did double science as my school was short for time to do the unit 3 modules. I got an A in additional science with 90 UMS in C2, and a C in core science (88UMS in C1) as my teacher didn't give my coursework in, it should be changed next month). I also got an A in maths GCSE which i took in year 8, an A in statistics, an A^ in further maths (its like a grade higher than an A* or something). I did like revising for chemistry and I was wondering if anyone could share how they felt about taking chemistry for AS (not too sure about A2), I would like to take it but I'm not too sure at the moment.. The A levels i've chosen currently are:

Maths
Further Maths
Economics
Computing

I'm hoping to swap economics with chemistry if I see that I could be able to do it.

... and before you say it, I have looked at other threads >_>

THANKS IN ADVANCE :smile:
you may find it tricky like I did (got a B at GCSE) but with the right support I went on to acheive a B at AS- give it a go and if it goes tits up just drop it as basically no courses car about your dropped AS
Original post by HarunH1
Hey guys..

So I got my GCSE results recently and I got 1a^ , 2a*, 6As, 3Bs, and 1C ( will hopefully turn to an A next month as my teacher didn't give in my coursework for some bizarre reason... and he left our school this year >_>:wink:..

But anyway, I did double science as my school was short for time to do the unit 3 modules. I got an A in additional science with 90 UMS in C2, and a C in core science (88UMS in C1) as my teacher didn't give my coursework in, it should be changed next month). I also got an A in maths GCSE which i took in year 8, an A in statistics, an A^ in further maths (its like a grade higher than an A* or something). I did like revising for chemistry and I was wondering if anyone could share how they felt about taking chemistry for AS (not too sure about A2), I would like to take it but I'm not too sure at the moment.. The A levels i've chosen currently are:

Maths
Further Maths
Economics
Computing

I'm hoping to swap economics with chemistry if I see that I could be able to do it.

... and before you say it, I have looked at other threads >_>

THANKS IN ADVANCE :smile:

I got an A* in additional science and a B in core science, and ended up with an A at A2 in chemistry. It can be done, and i think it would help mix all your subjects bit, maths along with economics can be a bit dry (in my opinion). I loved chemistry, i would totally recommend it, it has a completely different feel than GCSE chemistry, one that i liked, which showed through in my grade :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest