The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Wright Robinson Hall of Residence

Hiya, I've been looking for someone who's going to be staying in this hall for 2015/2016 as there hasn't been any mention of this on the UoM forum yet as far as I've seen and also if anyone's stayed in this hall before could you possibly answer a few questions for me?

I'm a little confused as to how the room numbers work for the building, could someone possibly explain what each number/letter stands for?

Do the kitchens have a toaster/kettle?

Should I buy myself a clothes airer to save money on driers and do you need to buy washing powder and fabric softener?

How much space is in the wardrobe and is there a cork/notice board in the room?

Also which supermarket is the most popular for this hall's previous residents and how far away is it?

Hopefully if this gets some responses anyone else who is staying in WR is welcome to jack the thread and ask questions also... I just feel kinda lonely right now as I haven't found anyone staying in my hall yet

Also is anyone staying in Wright Robinson doing English Lit or Linguistics? As I'm doing combined honours :3 Or possibly applying for a LEAP language course?

Sorry for all of the questions it's just that my memory of the hall from visiting the uni in March is really vague and I'd really appreciate all the help I can get as I feel like a lemon ^^;
Hey I stayed in Wright Rob last year, also a linguistics student. What is your room number?

The kitchens have a toaster and kettle as well as two microwaves, two ovens and two hobs.

You need to buy washing powder, but there is a drying room for your clothes, so you don't have to buy a rack.

There isn't loads of hanging space in the wardrobe, but several shelves in it so plenty of storage. The rooms don't have cork boards, but most people put stuff on their walls. Just use white tac.

If you have any other questions just ask :smile: Hope this helps :smile:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Any one looking to swap? Non ensuite, single with basin in Ashburne Hall.
Ok so you're on N floor which is the tenth floor in room 4 :smile: I used aldi, there is one about a ten minute walk in the way into tow, near the back of the station. There is another aldi in the arndale, but I'd use the other one as it's less busy. There isn't loads of room in the fridge, but it depends. My flatmates didn't sort their stuff out/weren't considerate of other people needing space.
Reply 4
Original post by Itsstella
Ok so you're on N floor which is the tenth floor in room 4 :smile: I used aldi, there is one about a ten minute walk in the way into tow, near the back of the station. There is another aldi in the arndale, but I'd use the other one as it's less busy. There isn't loads of room in the fridge, but it depends. My flatmates didn't sort their stuff out/weren't considerate of other people needing space.

So the 10 is the floor number and N is the flat? Lol sorry I'm a litte confused xD Ah it's good to know there's an Aldi closeby as that should work out cheaper!
The only other question I have really is that in some photos ive seen the bed is in the middle of the room, if that is the case would I get into trouble for pushing it against the wall as i would find this more comfortable and its better for putting cushions etc. On the bed?
The floors don't have separate flats, it is just rooms off the corridor. Your floor is called N floor, the 10 is just to tell you that it's the tenth floor.

As for the beds you can put them anywhere you like it's fine :smile:
Reply 6
The floors don't have separate flats, it is just rooms off the corridor. Your floor is called N floor, the 10 is just to tell you that it's the tenth floor.

Oh I see! Thanks so much you've been really helpful!
Original post by matthewrowe74
Any one looking to swap? Non ensuite, single with basin in Ashburne Hall.

Yes!! Are you still up for swapping?
Hey I stayed in Wright Rob last year, also a linguistics student. What is your room number?

The kitchens have a toaster and kettle as well as two microwaves, two ovens and two hobs.

You need to buy washing powder, but there is a drying room for your clothes, so you don't have to buy a rack.

There isn't loads of hanging space in the wardrobe, but several shelves in it so plenty of storage. The rooms don't have cork boards, but most people put stuff on their walls. Just use white tac.

If you have any other questions just ask :smile: Hope this helps :smile:

Hey Stella, I'm strongly considering staying in a Wright Robinson Twin due to budget constraints. Care to share your experience?

Also, how does a twin room look like? Where do you get your groceries from? I see that there are loads of Sainsbury locals around but they are rather pricey compared to the supermarkets...

And how is the community like? I read that there are a high number of international students there and therefore very boring... how does that work out? Would love to meet people from other cultures and backgrounds.

Thanks in advance!
Also wondering if freshers are allowed to get rent private accomodation? Might want to move out of hall into private accomodation as soon as I have got a good look around.
Reply 10

Hi, can you tell me about the G floor? Is the 5th floor?

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending