The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Student Accomdation at the University of Plymouth

Im starting in September 2023 and Im currently in the process of applying for student accomdation.

My options for the halls are:
-Gilwell
-Radnor
-Robbins

I would like to be in a place which has a very good social atmostphere. I don't have any alcohol restrictions nor do I mind being with people of the opposite gender. However I do want a private bathroom.
Overall I just want to be in a fun environment but not a complete party house.

Which would you recommend between these three?
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by Rushil01
Im starting in September 2023 and Im currently in the process of applying for student accomdation.

My options for the halls are:
-Gilwell
-Radnor
-Robbins

I would like to be in a place which has a very good social atmostphere. I don't have any alcohol restrictions nor do I mind being with people of the opposite gender. However I do want a private bathroom.
Overall I just want to be in a fun environment but not a complete party house.

Which would you recommend between these three?

Hi @Rushil01,

Halls at the University of Plymouth are where you'll experience some of the greatest fun and create some of the best memories during your University journey. In terms of your three chosen options, the initial difference between them is the cost and some of their facilities, all are super close to campus (which may have a 20 second difference in walking time to main campus) and all are just around the corner from shops and entertainment facilities.

Lets go through them one by one - I have provided the links below to check them out further where you can also watch a guided video tour of the corresponding accommodation:

Gilwell

If you're looking for value for money and a sociable atmosphere, then Gilwell Hall is ideal. Situated in the Student Village directly opposite the main University campus, Gilwell Hall has a really strong community feel and it's a great place to meet new people.

This hall has 197 standard and loft rooms and all flats have shared facilities.

All flats in Gilwell Hall have shared facilities. This means that residents in Gilwell Hall have their own private washbasin in their room and share a separate shower room and toilet with their flatmates. There are two types of room available to book in Gilwell Hall: standard rooms (£118 per week) and loft rooms (£118 per week).

Radnor

With a lovely central courtyard, Radnor Hall provides the perfect outdoor social space along with spacious en-suite rooms. Located in the centre of the vibrant student village and with the city centre literally on your doorstep, you'll find everything you need within a few minutes' walk of Radnor.

This hall has 408 en-suite rooms.

There are two types of room available to book in Radnor Hall: standard en-suite rooms (£173.00 per week) and superior en-suite rooms (£186.00 per week).

Robbins

Nestled in the centre of the Student Village, this lively hall is great value for money and is situated directly opposite the main University campus. Robbins Hall has a really strong community feel and it's a great place to meet new people.

Robbins Hall has 268 standard and loft rooms and 162 en-suite rooms.

There are three types of room available to book in Robbins Hall: loft rooms (£118 per week), standard rooms (£118 per week) and en-suite rooms (£157.00 per week).

Residents who book loft and standard rooms have their own private washbasin in the room and share a separate shower room and toilet with their flatmates. Residents who book en-suite rooms have their own private wet room attached to their room.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let us know if you have any other questions,
Thalia - University of Plymouth Undergraduate Student Rep:parrot:
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by University of Plymouth Undergraduate Student Rep
Hi @Rushil01,

Halls at the University of Plymouth are where you'll experience some of the greatest fun and create some of the best memories during your University journey. In terms of your three chosen options, the initial difference between them is the cost and some of their facilities, all are super close to campus (which may have a 20 second difference in walking time to main campus) and all are just around the corner from shops and entertainment facilities.

Lets go through them one by one - I have provided the links below to check them out further where you can also watch a guided video tour of the corresponding accommodation:

Gilwell

If you're looking for value for money and a sociable atmosphere, then Gilwell Hall is ideal. Situated in the Student Village directly opposite the main University campus, Gilwell Hall has a really strong community feel and it's a great place to meet new people.

This hall has 197 standard and loft rooms and all flats have shared facilities.

All flats in Gilwell Hall have shared facilities. This means that residents in Gilwell Hall have their own private washbasin in their room and share a separate shower room and toilet with their flatmates. There are two types of room available to book in Gilwell Hall: standard rooms (£118 per week) and loft rooms (£118 per week).

Radnor

With a lovely central courtyard, Radnor Hall provides the perfect outdoor social space along with spacious en-suite rooms. Located in the centre of the vibrant student village and with the city centre literally on your doorstep, you'll find everything you need within a few minutes' walk of Radnor.

This hall has 408 en-suite rooms.

There are two types of room available to book in Radnor Hall: standard en-suite rooms (£173.00 per week) and superior en-suite rooms (£186.00 per week).

Robbins

Nestled in the centre of the Student Village, this lively hall is great value for money and is situated directly opposite the main University campus. Robbins Hall has a really strong community feel and it's a great place to meet new people.

Robbins Hall has 268 standard and loft rooms and 162 en-suite rooms.

There are three types of room available to book in Robbins Hall: loft rooms (£118 per week), standard rooms (£118 per week) and en-suite rooms (£157.00 per week).

Residents who book loft and standard rooms have their own private washbasin in the room and share a separate shower room and toilet with their flatmates. Residents who book en-suite rooms have their own private wet room attached to their room.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let us know if you have any other questions,
Thalia - University of Plymouth Undergraduate Student Rep:parrot:

This is great, thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending