The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Are Exeter's Student Accommodation Mixed Undergrads?

Hi! I'm currently in St. David's and just found out that one of my roommate is in her third year. I haven't met the rest of them yet. The house is pretty dead. I believe there's 3 of us in our first year in my current accommodation.

Are all undergrad accommodations owned by the university mixed as in 1st/2nd/3rd year students living together? Or is there a halls of residence exclusive for freshers only?
Hi! The majority of university-owned halls of residence are occupied by first-year students, however, occasionally there will be undergraduates from other years also living there alongside first years. This is because, whilst most first years choose to live in university-owned accommodation and then move into private accommodation from their second year onwards, some may choose to stay in uni halls beyond their first year, though this is less common. They may do so for reasons such as a medical condition - my friend chose to stay in East Park for her second year because of this.

Therefore, across different residences there may be students from different years, depending on which accommodations they have selected. As far as I'm aware, there is no one particular accommodation that is for freshers only - returning students can apply for whichever undergraduate accommodation they wish.

Hopefully living with somebody from another year will be a good way to meet a broader group of people and pass down some wisdom and experience! :smile:

Nina
University of Exeter Student Ambassador
(edited 7 months ago)
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending