The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Opal Gardens hall

I just got an offer of accommodation from Opal Gardens (undergrad, first year), and I was hoping to ask about people's opinions on the hall.

I chose it because of the 'moderate lifestyle' option, since a lot of noise is a no go for me. I don't know what the average hall is like, so I thought that Opal Gardens would be my best bet.

So is the average hall much more lively than Opal Gardens? There are one or two things lacking in the hall which I hope will be made up for by a significant difference in the noise levels between Opal Gardens and the average hall.
Original post by Algon33
I just got an offer of accommodation from Opal Gardens (undergrad, first year), and I was hoping to ask about people's opinions on the hall.

I chose it because of the 'moderate lifestyle' option, since a lot of noise is a no go for me. I don't know what the average hall is like, so I thought that Opal Gardens would be my best bet.

So is the average hall much more lively than Opal Gardens? There are one or two things lacking in the hall which I hope will be made up for by a significant difference in the noise levels between Opal Gardens and the average hall.

Out of curiosity, what flat are you in? I'm in one of moderate lifestyle flats too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by Coffeetime
Out of curiosity, what flat are you in? I'm in one of moderate lifestyle flats too.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, well, I was paraphrasing. I couldn't quite get in one, so they just put me right next to them. I suppose if all my neighbours are quite, and assured of a quite atmosphere, that puts some constraints on what I get to live with.

Anyway, I'm in Wiliams B, 01.
Hey I'm going to Opal Gardens and I also requested a lifestyle moderated flat. I'm in Williams B second floor. What about you guys?
Reply 4
Original post by Becca_242
Hey I'm going to Opal Gardens and I also requested a lifestyle moderated flat. I'm in Williams B second floor. What about you guys?

Ah, I'm WB.01.04.A. So I guess we're not room-mates then.

I saw you post in another thread. Your doing biochemistry right? Are you undergrad or postgraduate? I'm a first year physics student.
Original post by Algon33
Ah, I'm WB.01.04.A. So I guess we're not room-mates then.

I saw you post in another thread. Your doing biochemistry right? Are you undergrad or postgraduate? I'm a first year physics student.

Well you're on the floor below me so I guess you're my downstairs neighbour haha

Yeah I'm an undergrad so this'll be my first year too
Reply 6
Anyone in WB.02.05? Another moderated lifestyle flat.
Original post by SR71BB
Anyone in WB.02.05? Another moderated lifestyle flat.

I'm in there!

Do you know for sure that it's a lifestyle moderated flat?
Reply 8
Its definitely moderated lifestyle. I phoned and asked for a room in one and my room was changed to this after I was initially given a room in a mature student flat in richmond. I also called the victoria park campus a few days ago to confirm if it was definitely moderated lifestyle and they confirmed it.
I'm in there!

Do you know for sure that it's a lifestyle moderated flat?
Original post by SR71BB
Its definitely moderated lifestyle. I phoned and asked for a room in one and my room was changed to this after I was initially given a room in a mature student flat in richmond. I also called the victoria park campus a few days ago to confirm if it was definitely moderated lifestyle and they confirmed it.

That's awesome thanks!

I was worried it might not be even though I had requested one
Reply 10
I was beginning to think I had the place to myself as no one was claiming that flat or even talking about the moderated lifestyle flats on the opal gardens facebook group. What day are you moving in? I'm moving in on the 17th?

That's awesome thanks!

I was worried it might not be even though I had requested one
Original post by SR71BB
I was beginning to think I had the place to myself as no one was claiming that flat or even talking about the moderated lifestyle flats on the opal gardens facebook group. What day are you moving in? I'm moving in on the 17th?

Haha well I'm not on Facebook so I had no idea. We know of at least the two of us in there now

I'm moving in on the 19th so I guess you'll be there before me
Trying my luck, but if there is any party person out there wanting to swap to owens for the experience. message me!
I'm looking at this accommodation for next year and I was wondering if you could tell me a bit about this accommodation and what the people are like that you ended up living with. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending