The Student Room Group

A2 Sociology 2015/16 Chat & Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chickenfoot
just had a quick glance at your notes, theyre great! i have to self teach beliefs and your notes are very brief but contain all the info.

will you be adding some for crime?

Yes I will... you say my notes are brief but in reality that is all you need... I should of course note that they are not designed for use to fully teach but to be rememberable and good
Original post by DanE1998
Yes I will... you say my notes are brief but in reality that is all you need... I should of course note that they are not designed for use to fully teach but to be rememberable and good

yeah and then i made the point after that they contain all the info.
Original post by 07cdominic
Hi

I am currently in Year 12 and am teaching myself A-level Sociology.

For Unit 3 I am having trouble deciding between studying ' Beliefs in Society' or ' Global Development' modules.
I would appreciate any help and advice on which one to do.

Which one is more difficult, especially to self-teach?
Which will be most relevant to a career in medicine?

Thanks

Deffo go SCLY3 Beliefs in Society- really interesting topics in there!!!
I didn't even realise there was a A2 thread so went on the create one :rofl: I was wondering where all the socio students were at :eek2:

I've started self teaching myself Beliefs in Society since my class is going REALLY slow but I think it's so difficult in comparison to Crime and Deviance (even though crime + d is the bigger section :s)
Is anyone self-studying A2 socio?
Does anyone know what questions came up last year for Sociology Unit 3 Media?

Thank you
Original post by anilmg98
Does anyone know what questions came up last year for Sociology Unit 3 Media?

Thank you

Identify and briefly explain 3 ways in which the new media have changed the processes of selection and/or presentation of the news

Using material from Item C and elsewhere, assess postmodernist views of the mass media in society today

Critically examine the relationship between ownership and control of the mass media

OR

'There are many models that seek to explain how the relationship between the mass media and their audiences operates, but none is fully convincing'

To what extent do sociological arguments and evidence support this view?
Hi guys, I'm really behind on families and household unit 1 and education unit 2, if anyone has high marked essays on these units, please pm me and I'll send you my email, thanks in advance, someone be a life saver :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending