The Student Room Group

feminist party in overwhelmingly feminist country opens first male rape centre

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3277006/Sweden-opened-world-s-rape-centre-male-sexual-violence-victims.html

this happened a couple of days ago so i was surprised not to see this thread already made since usually folks like @TheCitizenAct and @ChickenMadness are pretty on point when it comes to posting fair and balanced opinions about feminist issues. i suppose it's been a long week and they needed some time off :dontknow:
made a thread about it already lol.

Says 'liberal party' btw not feminist.
Reply 2
Quite sad that it's the world's first, but perhaps now steps can be taken to ensure men are treated equally with regards to rape. Well done Sweden.
Original post by ChickenMadness
made a thread about it already lol.

Says 'liberal party' btw not feminist.

Wasn't on the front page when I looked. This should get more traffic :yy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberal_People%27s_Party_(Sweden)
Original post by Arkasia
Quite sad that it's the world's first, but perhaps now steps can be taken to ensure men are treated equally with regards to rape. Well done Sweden.

ye. hopefully feminists and other countries learn from this.
Original post by Arkasia

I agree. Hopefully this will be a floodgates opening type of thing if it is successful and well publicised.
Original post by SmashConcept
this happened a couple of days ago so i was surprised not to see this thread already made since usually folks like @TheCitizenAct and @ChickenMadness are pretty on point when it comes to posting fair and balanced opinions about feminist issues. i suppose it's been a long week and they needed some time off :dontknow:

:rofl3:
Reply 7
ye. hopefully feminists and other countries learn from this.

Don't try to make this an 'us vs them' thing. Many, many feminists agree that men need more support when dealing with things such as rape. I agree that other countries should follow Sweden's lead, however. Maybe this will be a turning point.

I agree. Hopefully this will be a floodgates opening type of thing if it is successful and well publicised.

Definitely, now the first step has been taken, I hope to see the UK following Sweden's lead.
Original post by Arkasia
Don't try to make this an 'us vs them' thing. Many, many feminists agree that men need more support when dealing with things such as rape. I agree that other countries should follow Sweden's lead, however. Maybe this will be a turning point.

Definitely, now the first step has been taken, I hope to see the UK following Sweden's lead.

Wouldn't really call them feminists. No true feminist would support a male rape centre. The people who support this are normal people / egalitarians. :smile:
As a cis white male I am constantly thinking about raping everything in sight, this is why I need feminism.
Original post by Arkasia

For real. I mean, it happened in a country that has two parties in significant positions of power which have feminism as one of their main ideologies. One of those parties led the campaign. Apparently feminists should "learn from this."

The UK will likely be one of the later countries to follow I think. The NHS won't be doing it, so we'll see if anyone else does. Clearly the existing women's charities want some level of segregation in terms of victims of DV and rape, so that creates logistical problems in providing for males.
Wouldn't really call them feminists. No true feminist would support a male rape centre. The people who support this are normal people / egalitarians. :smile:

lol
Reply 12
lol

Massive lol indeed

Posted from TSR Mobile
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3277006/Sweden-opened-world-s-rape-centre-male-sexual-violence-victims.html

I'm detecting a hint of sarcasm.

I came across the post on Facebook. It's not male-only, it states so in the bullet points - they admit women also. That said, it's a start, and I have to applaud the initiative, particularly in consideration of how little conversation typically surrounds this issue (particularly in the context of legal definitions of 'rape' and female perpetrator/male victim, which don't so much go unreported but would to many be considered a 'non-event') and the relatively high number of male victims who are never heard and whose victimhood is often cloaked under a gender narrative which, as far as I'm concerned, feminists often do everything to reinforce (infantilisation in the face of male aggression).

It has to also be said that I typically take exception with all of the conversation around Sweden being the 'rape capital of Europe.' It's a little bit, well, hysterical (but not completely!) - they just have a broader definition of what constitutes rape (i.e., if a perpetrator commits 4 perpetrations of rape against the same individual, many countries would just count 1 instance of rape - Sweden counts 4).

However, I have to place it all in the context of being Sweden, one of the most totalitarian feminist states in existence; it's statist and fundamentally opposed to the individual. For every great win for men, there are three corresponding threats to their individual liberty. Feminism in Sweden has made political correctness, social conditioning and multiculturalism constitutional obligations (literally).

It's all the same stuff you get over here but on steroids - particularly in the context of pushing women into STEM professions, favouritism in grading (http://www.vk.se/830257/pojkar-missgynnas-i-betygssattning), the 'pathologising' of masculine traits, and outcomes prioritised over opportunity. There's also the legalities surrounding prostitution which basically attempts to make the production of testosterone an illegal biological function.

Then again, it - social conditioning being the sole determining factor behind gender roles - was all entirely ripped to shreds by 'brainwashing' (Norwegian documentary which resulted in the closure of numerous Scandinavian gender studies departments).

It's hell on earth for anyone who advocates in favour of individual liberty and such a pathologically altruistic state is ripe for exploitation (as has been the case with recent asylum applications adding nearly 10% to the total population in the last year - an all time record). It will all fall on its ass eventually, particularly with The Sweden Democrats coming to the fore and now leading in opinion polls.

All in all, it's just a shame their pathological altruism and incessant moralising and rationalising will fester away unchecked and lead them down the path towards self-destruction.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Arkasia
Don't try to make this an 'us vs them' thing. Many, many feminists agree that men need more support when dealing with things such as rape.

Like SmashConcept didn't, you mean? He's goading people. Don't start moralising or pretending you didn't spot the cloaked divide and rule tactics in his OP.

Many feminists? Where are they? I think the last article I read on the topic of male rape in the leading feminist newspaper in The UK (The Guardian) was back in 2012. There has been nothing but a drop in an ocean of male perpetrator/female victim rhetoric.

Don't tell me feminism is for men. Don't even bother. It insults my intelligence.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TheCitizenAct
Like SmashConcept didn't, you mean? He's goading people. Don't start moralising or pretending you didn't spot the cloaked divide and rule tactics in his OP.

Many feminists? Where are they? I think the last article I read on the topic of male rape in the leading feminist newspaper in The UK (The Guardian) was back in 2012. There has been nothing but a drop in an ocean of male perpetrator/female victim rhetoric.

Don't tell me feminism is for men. Don't even bother. It insults my intelligence.

I don't really care for feminism, I think its been hijacked ever since the dawn of the third wave, but neither am I rabidly against it like some of the people on here. Trust me, your conspiracy theorist mindset does more than enough to insult your 'intelligence' without me adding to it.
Original post by Arkasia
I don't really care for feminism, I think its been hijacked ever since the dawn of the third wave, but neither am I rabidly against it like some of the people on here. Trust me, your conspiracy theorist mindset does more than enough to insult your 'intelligence' without me adding to it.

You're right. Just out of interest, which conspiracy theory are you referring to?

The one where the state puts 600,000 boys on a mind altering drug to 'calm them down' and make them conform to a more acceptable standard of behaviour?

Or the one where every unequal distribution which favours men is emphasised across every column inch but every distribution in favour of women is deemed 'empowering'?

Or the one where The EU and our national parliament refers to masculinity as 'prescriptive' and socially conditioned rather than biological?

Or the one where men are 3.5x more likely to kill themselves, 90% of all workplace fatalities, 6x more likely to be homeless, twice as likely to be a victim of a violent crime, earning less than women up until the age of 40 and for part-time work when you consult the median in The ONS reports, and journalists treat it like a drop in the ocean of systemic female oppression?

Or the one where feminism has pursued a gender centric narrative and demonstrably positioned itself within every single national institution, organisation, legislature and NGO in The United Kingdom?

Which conspiracy theory are you referring to?
Reply 17
The Liberal Party is not the same as a 'Feminist Party'.
Original post by WokSz
The Liberal Party is not the same as a 'Feminist Party'.

says they are on their wikipedia

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending